Weekend Outlook – Dance the night away at The Wharf

The+Wharf+will+host+the+inaugural+Wharf+Winter+Games+Saturday%2C+featuring+games+like+pin+the+tail+on+the+husky%2C+corn+hole+and+curling.+
Celebrate the first night of June at The Wharf and watch the sun set over the water while dancing to live country music.
The Wharf will host the inaugural Wharf Winter Games Saturday, featuring games like pin the tail on the husky, corn hole and curling.

Summer is heating up in the District, and there is plenty to do outside. If you’re in town, start the weekend off celebrating LGBTQ rights at a Smithsonian courtyard. Then, ease into June with a night of dancing at The Wharf and a yoga session at the National Building Museum.

Friday

Capital Pride Kick-Off Party

Begin pride month celebrations at a party in the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Kogod Courtyard. The night will be filled with music from local bands and a headlining DJ set by RuPaul’s Drag Race season 10 winner, Aquaria. Nearby D.C. restaurants, like Calico and Succotash, will serve signature cocktails and bites at an open bar. There is no defined dress code, but attendees are encouraged to dress in colorful decor to complement the rainbow lights that will decorate the courtyard during the party.

Smithsonian American Art Museum, F and 8th St. NW. 9:30 p.m. Tickets $50-$60. 21+

Saturday

Saturday Night Dancing at The Wharf

Celebrate the first night of June watching the sun set over the water while dancing to live country music at The Wharf. The Wil Gravatt Band will perform along the Transit Pier, and attendees can grab cocktails at the waterfront beer and wine garden, Cantina Bambina. If you don’t know how to line dance, arrive early and get a lesson the D.C. Rawhides, a group of professional dancers.

If you can’t make it this Saturday, don’t worry. The Wharf will host more themed dances on the first Saturday of each month through August.

The Wharf, 760 Maine Ave SW. 7 to 9 p.m.

Sunday

Yoga at the museum

End your weekend of partying with some zen in the Great Hall of the National Building Museum. Admire the 75-foot ceilings as you transition from plank pose into downward dog at a yoga session hosted by Beth A Wolfe Yoga. Both beginners and advanced yogis are welcome. Once the session ends, you can walk around the museum on your own or enjoy a private 40-minute guided tour.

National Building Museum, 401 F St. NW. 10 to 11 a.m. Tickets $20.