Week Outlook: Entertain your family between graduation ceremonies with events around D.C.

Jack Fonseca | Contributing Photo Editor

When your family comes to town for the week, bring them along to events happening each day. Start your week laughing at standup comedians at Union Stage and continue your college education at a professor lecture Thursday. Sip on sangria at a jazz performance at the National Gallery of Art Friday before a weekend packed with Commencement festivities.

Monday

Jokes on Tap: Open Mic Comedy

Head over to Union Stage for a night of laughs that will relieve some of your pre-graduation nerves. The free, open mic comedy show is held in the Union Stage Tap Room at the Wharf, and any interested comedian can sign up to perform. Draft beers will be available for $5, and you can purchase pizza off its dinner menu. Union Stage offers a breathtaking view of D.C.’s waterfront that you can enjoy while you scarf down a slice, sip on a cold drink and listen to comedy.

Union Stage at The Wharf, 740 Water St. SW. Comedian registration at 7 p.m. Show at 8 p.m. Free.

Tuesday

“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” Trivia

While it’s only two years old, Amazon Prime’s “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” has quickly become acclaimed by critics and viewers for its quirky comedy and all-star cast. Once you have binged – or re-binged the show for a memory refresher – check out the Pinstripes bowling alley in Georgetown for a night of trivia featuring plot points from the award-winning show. Trivia will consist of five rounds in teams of one to six people, so feel free to fly solo or bring friends and family. The trivia is free but Pinstripes offers pizza ($15 to $17), pasta ($14 to $21) and salad ($13 to $17). Beverages at the bar include chardonnay ($11 to $14), pinot noir ($11 to $14) and merlot ($11 to $12).

Pinstripes, 1064 Wisconsin Ave. NW. 7 to 9 p.m. Free.

Wednesday

Evanescence at The Anthem

The rock band Evanescence is headed to The Anthem for its latest “Live in Concert” tour. Evanescence may be most known for “Bring Me to Life” from its 2003 album “Fallen,” but the group has produced several lesser-known songs like “My Immortal” and “Call Me When You’re Sober.” The band, which was formed in the ’90s by singer and pianist Amy Lee and guitarist Ben Moody, has won several accolades and received two Grammy Awards for new artist and hard rock performance. Lee, who still leads on vocals, will bring her powerful vocals to The Anthem where you and your graduating friends can bang your heads to the band’s classic hits.

The Anthem, 901 Wharf St. SW. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets from $55 to $205.

Thursday

Profs and Pints: Meet the Real Indiana Jones

If you still want to learn without the tuition bill, check out the latest Profs and Pints event at the Cambria Hotel to fit in one last lecture before graduation. Profs and Pints organizes lectures in several different locations, including hotels, coffee shops and bars, and recruits professors from universities around the DMV to deliver the lectures. The professors have expertise in fields ranging from fairies to the relationship between cats and gender. Thursday’s event, led by Justin Jacobs – a professor of history at American University – will focus on the historical accuracy of “Indiana Jones.”

Cambria Hotel, Washington, D.C. Convention Center, 899 O St. NW. 6 p.m. Tickets are $12.

Friday

Jazz in the Garden

Head over to the Sculpture Garden at the National Gallery of Art for its first night of Jazz in the Garden, a summer concert series featuring performances by jazz musicians from around D.C. Brazilian folk jazz artist Rob Curto will perform in his band Forró for All, which plays music featuring the accordion. Curto is an accordionist known for blending genres like rock with popular Brazilian music styles like samba and frevo. You can also grab a pitcher of sangria ($17.75) or Stella Artois ($16.75) with some friends while you listen along to jazz music.

The Sculpture Garden at the National Gallery of Art, Seventh Street and Constitution Ave. NW. 5 to 8:30 p.m. Free.