Where to dine for Easter brunch in the District

Sarah Urtz | Photographer
Select three dishes at Lincoln for Easter brunch.

Aside from church, colored eggs and candy, Easter Sunday is best known for brunch.

In the District – which is already known as a brunch destination every other week of the year – there are plenty of places to celebrate the holiday over breakfast food that extends into the afternoon. Check out these spots for the perfect start to your morning or to celebrate winning your annual egg hunt:

Lincoln

For a brunch with southern cuisine, check out Lincoln. Located one mile off campus at 1110 Vermont Ave. NW, the restaurant is offering an Easter brunch menu that includes a first course, main course, dessert and endless supply of eggs and waffles.

Start off with one of their appetizers or salads, like scallops with a carrot puree and fresno chili vinaigrette or the beets salad with flax seeds and whipped ricotta cheese.

Follow it up with a main course, like the crab benedict with poached eggs on a buttermilk biscuit or lamb chops with glazed onions, creamed charred leeks and pancetta. You should also leave room for desserts like rhubarb sponge cake, chocolate cremeux and strawberry crisp.

Children 12 and under will also receive an Easter basket.

Lincoln, 1110 Vermont Ave. NW. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Easter brunch is $55 for adults, $22 for 12 and under.

Rasika West End

If you are looking for an Indian twist on traditional Easter brunch, Rasika West End is one of the few restaurants in the District serving up its traditional a la carte menu.

The restaurant’s Sunday brunch specials include tikka french toast with tandoori chicken and curry slaw ($12), coconut jaggery pancakes topped with fresh coconut and caramel ($12) and spinach egg masala, which are eggs with an Indian spice ($14).

If you are a meat lover, you can try an Indian dish of chicken tikka masala with onions, tomatoes and fenugreek powder ($17). The restaurant also serves seafood options like Bengali fish curry with mustard and onion seeds ($22), and vegetarian dishes like a malai palak with spinach, cumin and garlic ($14).

You can finish off your meal with something sweet, like date coffee pudding ($10), chocolate samosa served with mint ice cream ($9) or mango rasmalai ($9).

Rasika West End, 1190 New Hampshire Ave. NW. 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Farmers Fishers Bakers

If you love Founding Farmers, try their sibling restaurant’s famous all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch buffet. Farmers, Fishers, Bakers is located on the Georgetown Waterfront, so you can enjoy a view of the water while you eat.

You can start off your meal with drip coffee, hot or iced tea before making your way to the restaurant’s buffet stations to munch on buttermilk biscuits, cinnamon rolls and french toast.

Spicy fried chicken, plancha sweet potatoes and cheesy grits also line the buffet alongside scrambled eggs, house-cured ham and slow roasted brisket. For side dishes, you can go for the brussel sprout salad, purple and black kale salad or bruleed grapefruit.

If you still have room for dessert, you can grab glazed and baked donuts, chocolate peanut butter pie and cheesecake before walking off your full stomach along the waterfront.

Farmers Fishers Bakers, 3000 K St. NW. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. $32.95 for adults, $15 for children ages 7 to 12.

American Son

Check out Tim Ma’s restaurant American Son at the Eaton Hotel for brunch and an afterparty. For $40 a head, you can choose from entrees like a three-egg omelet or fried chicken sandwich with green tomato and bibb lettuce.

You can pair your brunch with a special holiday cocktail dubbed the “hopper punch” ($12) which is a mix of gin, Benedectine liqueur, Cardamaro, lemon and celery.

After brunch ends at 2 p.m., you can head to an party with a DJ set on the hotel’s rooftop bar until 8 p.m. and participate in an Easter egg hunt complemented by scenic views while you are up on the roof.

American Son, 1201 K St. NW. 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. $40.