Weekend outlook – Watch dancers perform alongside a Hirshhorn Museum exhibit

Sarah Urtz | Photographer
The Hirshhorn Museum is showing a contemporary dance performance choreographed by The Washington Ballet in conjunction with an interactive exhibit.

Start your weekend with a dance performance at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, then stock up on spring clothes at a yard sale at Urban Outfitters. End your weekend with a bang at a dance party playing hits by Prince.

Friday

Artmoves: Pulse

Head to the Hirshhorn Museum to watch a contemporary dance performance choreographed by The Washington Ballet in conjunction with an interactive exhibit. The show was created to complement artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer’s exhibit, Pulse. The exhibit includes interactive technology that takes a visitor’s heart rate and displays their pulse visually through mediums like flashing lights or rippling water. While watching the dancers move in tandem with the lights and sounds of the work, you can check out all the pieces in the exhibit before it closes on April 28.

Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Independence Avenue and Seventh Street SW. 12:30 p.m. Admission is free.

Saturday

Urban Outfitters Yard Sale

If you need to spruce up your closet for warmer weather but don’t want to drain your bank account, check out a yard sale at Urban Outfitters in Georgetown this weekend. You can get some discounted sandals and shorts before the District’s humidity is out in full force. The sale is a one-stop-shop for brands like Color University, Hesi Collectiv, The Smart Buyer’s Room and Official Royal Watch. As you rummage through the racks, you can also listen to music by bands Fillet Mignon and Keep It Geed.

Urban Outfitters, 3111 M St. NW. Noon to 6 p.m.

Sunday

Purple Reign Productions Presents The Ultimate Prince

Whether you are a Prince fan or just like dance parties, spend your Sunday night at the Red Lounge Bar and Grill for the third annual Ultimate Prince Celebration Dance Party. A DJ will play all the hits from Prince, The Time, Sheila E. and Apollonia 6 throughout the event. Prizes will be awarded to the Prince fan who brings the most people to the bar, and partiers can also participate in a celebrity look-alike contest that will award the best costume for Prince, Sheila E. and members of The Time and Apollonia 6.

Red Lounge Bar & Grill, 2013 14th St. NW. 4 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $10.