Where to watch the ‘Game of Thrones’ final season premiere in the District

City+Tap+House+in+Dupont+Circle+and+Penn+Quarter+will+host+Brunch+of+Thrones+trivia+before+the+premiere+of+%E2%80%9CGame+of+Thrones+Sunday.+
City Tap House in Dupont Circle and Penn Quarter will host Brunch of Thrones trivia before the premiere of “Game of Thrones” Sunday.

It may be spring – but winter is here.

The highly anticipated eighth and final season of “Game of Thrones” will premiere on HBO Sunday at 9 p.m. Surround yourself with fans and participate in some “Game of Thrones”-themed celebrations and watch parties across the District this weekend.

Here are some events to get you pumped up for the premiere:

‘Winter is Here’ Costume Party

Strap on your armor or lace up your gown because Cloak and Dagger will host a “Game of Thrones” costume party Friday. Dress up as your favorite character from the show and pose on Cloak and Dagger’s throne for the perfect photo. The event is free, but bring some cash to try the “Game of Thrones”-themed drink of the night.

Cloak and Dagger, 1359 U St. NW. 6 to 10 p.m. Free.

‘Game of Thrones’ Scavenger Hunt

Before the nighttime premiere, start off your Sunday with a team workout to prepare you for the Great War. PULSE House of Fitness will be transformed into a Westeros mock-up for an 11 a.m. scavenger hunt. Grab four of your friends who are fellow fans to compete in the 90-minute scavenger hunt with challenges inspired by the show. The fastest team and the team with the best costumes will win prizes.

PULSE House of Fitness, 1401 New York Ave. NW. 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. $50.

Brunch of Thrones at City Tap House

If costumes and fitness are out of your element, head to City Tap House in Dupont Circle or Penn Quarter Sunday for Brunch of Thrones trivia before returning to your couch for the premiere. A feast of turkey legs, “dragon wings,” “Little Finger” food and “Red Wedding” sangria will be served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at both locations. After your feast, test your “Game of Thrones” knowledge from noon to 2 p.m. with a game of trivia. There will be prizes for first place, second place and the team with the best name. Reservations are required to participate in trivia.

City Tap House, 1250 Connecticut Ave. NW or 901 Ninth St. NW. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Private Watch Party at The Jefferson

Instead of watching the premiere in your residence hall, head to an upscale restaurant with your friends. The Jefferson is offering its “Cabinet Rooms,” private luxury rooms that seat up to eight guests, as rentals to watch the show. At the restaurant, indulge in a scotch flight tasting with drinks named after “Game of Thrones” themes like “House Targaryen” and “The Night’s Watch.” A reservation is pricey but includes two appetizers from the restaurant’s “Quill Menu,” which offers dishes like salmon tartare, oysters, crab cakes and the scotch flight.

The Jefferson, 1200 16th St. NW. 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. $100 per person. 21+.