Best second-hand shop: Mom N’ Pop Antiques

Mom+N%E2%80%99+Pop+Antiques+is+jam-packed+with+hundreds+of+antique+items+that+you+can+catch+a+glimpse+of+through+the+windows+from+the+street.+
Olivia Anderson | Photo Editor
Mom N’ Pop Antiques is jam-packed with hundreds of antique items that you can catch a glimpse of through the windows from the street.

Location: 3534 Georgia Ave. NW
Readers’ pick: Buffalo Exchange

From the moment you step into Mom N’ Pop Antiques, an antique store in Park View, a wave of curiosity will wash over you as your eyes dart to take in the hundreds of eclectic items in the store.

The corner building, which is hard to miss because of its bright and colorful stained glass sign that reads the store’s name in bold lettering, is jam-packed with hundreds of antique items that you can catch a glimpse of through the windows from the street.

Since 1986, this bargain hunter’s haven has been open under the ownership of Bill Sims, who often greets guests at the front of the shop and is eager to answer any questions potential buyers may have about in-stock items or particular pieces they may be looking for.

The front of the store is stocked with a wide array of small glass and ceramic items ($3 and up) ranging from drinkware and vases to out-there items like cat figurines. You can also find oddities to decorate your residence hall or apartment with, like vintage cameras ($69 and up), oil paintings ($52 and up) and old postcards.

While you could spend hours sifting through the knick-knacks at Mom N’ Pop Antiques, the store is also populated with a surplus of furniture like vintage chairs ($63 and up) and grandiose wooden pieces like side tables and dressers ($120 and up).

If you’re looking for furniture for your apartment, Mom N’ Pop Antiques will not only allow you to snag a one-of-a-kind piece at an affordable price, but you can also get the pieces delivered right to your door for about $20.

While its location is quite a hike away from Foggy Bottom, a trip to Mom N’ Pop Antiques will be more than worth the trip for its truly unique offerings.