Best secluded study spot: B2 level of Science and Engineering Hall

The+B2+level+of+the+Science+and+Engineering+Hall+is+home+to+sterile+labs+with+very+few+students+walking+the+halls%2C+creating+an+extremely+quiet+environment+that+will+allow+you+to+study+for+hours+on+end.+
Jack Fonseca | Staff Photographer
The B2 level of the Science and Engineering Hall is home to sterile labs with very few students walking the halls, creating an extremely quiet environment that will allow you to study for hours on end.

Location: B2 level of Science and Engineering Hall
Readers’ pick: Duques Hall study rooms

If you easily get tired of Gelman Library or struggle to find seating in District House or the Marvin Center, change up your study spot and head to the B2 level of the Science and Engineering Hall.

While SEH has plenty of seats on other levels, the spots quickly fill up with students working on assignments or binge-watching Netflix between classes. But the B2 level – which many students end up overlooking – will allow you to be the most productive because fewer students do work there.

On level B2 of SEH, you will have no distractions. The entire floor is home to sterile labs with very few students walking the halls, creating an extremely quiet environment that will allow you to study for hours on end.

With about 20 seats for students on the floor, large groups of people don’t usually choose the B2 level to get work done. But if they do, they are quickly intimidated by glares from floor regulars when they start to chat.

There is also an area fully equipped with a microwave, sink and various other cooking supplies – which anyone can use – in the event you want to heat up some leftovers to save some GWorld, and there’s even a WEPA printing kiosk that rarely has a line.

If you need a bite to eat, you can refuel with a nutritious salad or warm vegetable bowl from Beefsteak, which is attached to the building. After hours of studying, you may also become tired, but luckily the Starbucks under Gelman Library is situated conveniently across the street.

Once you discover the B2 level of SEH, you’ll realize you don’t need a dreary Gelman Library cubicle to actually be productive.