Best scooter brand: Lyft

The+Lyft-brand+scooters+go+10+mph+and+allow+riders+to+make+stops+during+their+ride+with+a+pause+function%2C+where+you+will+be+charged+15+cents+per+minute+without+giving+up+your+scooter.++
The Lyft-brand scooters go 10 mph and allow riders to make stops during their ride with a pause function, where you will be charged 15 cents per minute without giving up your scooter.

Readers’ pick: Tie between Lime and Bird

Dockless scooters are the perfect solution to all your transportation woes: The vehicles have descended on the city by the thousands and can usually be found nearby.

While there are several scooter brands in the District, Lyft scooters rise above the rest with their seamless integration into the rest of Lyft’s app, making them the clear pick when looking for scooters.

Upon opening the app, you are not only able to hitch a ride by car and get real-time Metro or bus updates and routes, but you can also find, reserve and rent scooters.

You can easily reserve your scooter for 15 cents per minute for up to 15 minutes while you travel to its location. Once you unlock the scooter with the Lyft app, you will then be charged the standard $1 unlock fee.

In this fast-moving world, being able to open the app while leaving a function, reserve the closest scooter and get directions to walk to it – all within seconds – gives you the leg up on Lyft’s competition, which can leave riders racing from one scooter to the next just to find someone else zipping off with their ride.

The Lyft-brand scooters go 10 mph and allow riders to make stops during their ride with a pause function, where you will be charged 15 cents per minute without giving up your scooter. You can even pick up a complimentary helmet in Arlington, Va. at the D.C. Driver Hub on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m.

If you want an easily accessible scooter ride at an affordable price as the number of dockless scooters increases, Lyft’s dockless scooters are your best bet.