Best place to go when you are sexiled: The Vern Express

The+Vern+Express+runs+between+the+Foggy+Bottom+and+Mount+Vernon+campuses+%E2%80%93+and+the+Virginia+Science+and+Technology+Campus+if+you+know+you%E2%80%99ll+be+sexiled+for+a+long+time.+
Ari Golub | Photographer
The Vern Express runs between the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses – and the Virginia Science and Technology Campus if you know you’ll be sexiled for a long time.

Location: The Vern Express
Readers’ choice: The National Mall

Living with roommates is a constant balancing act of giving space while still claiming your own. So when your roommate brings home “the one” – or the one this week – you may struggle to find a spot to camp out while you are sexiled.

To put it mildly, living in sexile can be annoying. While hopefully your roommate doesn’t make a habit out of kicking you to the curb for some alone time, the Vern Express is always there for you.

The Vex runs between the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses – and the Virginia Science and Technology Campus if you know you’ll be kicked out for a long time. The Vex runs at mostly five-minute intervals during the week and on weekends, before switching over to 15 or 30-minute intervals during the evening.

When you take the Vex late at night without the usual traffic and overflow of students, the shuttle can be the perfect place of solace when you need to get away.

The newly renovated Vex shuttles are equipped with Wi-Fi and USB charging ports so you can get work down while you are avoiding your residence hall.

Plus, the bumpy route and sharp turns make it nearly impossible to doze off, so there’s no chance you’ll spend the night accidentally asleep in an unfamiliar location. Even if you are prone to motion sickness – a phenomenon usually exacerbated by the Vex – you still won’t be half as nauseous as you would be if you stayed in your room.

While getting kicked out so your roommate can have some alone time is never ideal, the Vex makes living in sexile a little more convenient.