Weekend outlook – Dance the night away at a daylight saving time party

DJs Kaylee Dugan and Brandon Wetherbee will be spinning songs exclusively with the word “time” in the title at DC9 Nightclub Sunday.

Updated: March 7, 2019 at 6:29 p.m.

If you’re staying in the District for spring break, you can transport yourself to warmer weather at events around D.C. this weekend. Attend a fashion show before heading to a low-key concert featuring a band with a tropical name.

Friday

D.C. Swim Week Presents Women in the Arts Pop-Up

Head to D.C. Swim Week’s third annual Women in the Arts Pop-Up Block Party, which lines up with International Women’s Day this year. The extensive retail and art show takes place in multiple locations around Georgetown, but Aurate New York will showcase more than 30 female artists and female-owned brands creating knitwear, plants, jewelry and more. Attendees will have the chance to meet the featured artists, designers and entrepreneurs and hear about their stories as they shop the curated products.

Aurate New York, 3263 M St. NW. 6:30 to 10 p.m. Free.

Saturday

Goodbye Honolulu at Songbyrd Music House

Transport yourself to a ’90s house party with the vintage garage rock sounds of up-and-coming Toronto band Goodbye Honolulu. The band, which consists of four male singers who met in high school, is known for its stage presence and high-energy live shows. Goodbye Honolulu has toured with well-known artists like Hinds, Kate Nash and The Beaches. This weekend, you can see them live where they will likely perform hits like “Typical” and “Back to Me” from their debut album “No Honey,” which was released in December.

Songbyrd Music House. 2475 18th St. NW. Doors at 7 p.m. Show at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10.

Sunday

Time After Time: A Daylight Saving Dance Party

Celebrate at a time-themed dance party at DC9 Nightclub. DJs Kaylee Dugan and Brandon Wetherbee will be spinning songs exclusively with the word “time” in the title. Plus, time-related prizes will be given away throughout the event including hourglasses, watches and TARDISes – fictional time machines that appear in the television series “Doctor Who.”

DC9 Nightclub, 1940 Ninth St. NW. 3 to 7 p.m. Free.