Weekend outlook – Cheer on students at a college fight night

Black+Cat+will+host+a+2000s+indie+dance+party+on+Friday.+
Black Cat will host a 2000s indie dance party on Friday.

Start the weekend off by dancing away the stress of midterms to some seriously indie throwback tunes, continue the fun with a school-spirited fight night and give yourself a pop-rock filled study break before the week begins.

Friday

Take Me Out – 2000s Indie Dance Party at Black Cat

Be transported to a different decade this weekend at the Black Cat’s 2000s indie dance party. Grab your friends and dance along to iconic artists from the 2000s like The Killers, Passion Pit and Arcade Fire while taking advantage of the opportunity to break denim fashion rules and head bang to your heart’s content. Sing along and enjoy classic indie tunes from the turn of the century that have rebranded the culture of independent music.

Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW. Doors at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $10.

Saturday

Collegiate Fight Night at Urban Boxing D.C.

Head to a fight club you can actually talk about Saturday at Urban Boxing D.C. The boxing gym is hosting its sixth “Collegiate Fight Night,” where college students will go head to head in the ring. College boxers from the greater D.C. area representing GW, Georgetown University and the University of Maryland will fight to raise money for the Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson Recreation Center for Youth Boxing. Cheer from the sidelines and root for GW students as they compete to win against the Hoyas and Terps.

Urban Boxing D.C., 1116 24th St. NW. 6 p.m. Tickets are $20.

Sunday

You Me At Six at 9:30 Club

English rock band You Me At Six will showcase its newest album “VI,” which branches out from the band’s traditional genre of emo-rock, on Sunday at the 9:30 Club. The band will likely play hits like “I O U” and “Back Again” from its most recent album, which was released in October. Songs from the new album range from emo-rock to inspirational pop, which gives You Me At Six a completely new sound. Alternative-rock band Dreamers and indie band Machineheart will be performing along with the headliner for a night filled with hard-hitting jams and soft-indie tunes.

9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.