Weekend outlook – Compete in the first annual Wharf Winter Games

The+Wharf+will+host+the+inaugural+Wharf+Winter+Games+Saturday%2C+featuring+games+like+pin+the+tail+on+the+husky%2C+corn+hole+and+curling.+
Celebrate the first night of June at The Wharf and watch the sun set over the water while dancing to live country music.
The Wharf will host the inaugural Wharf Winter Games Saturday, featuring games like pin the tail on the husky, corn hole and curling.

Begin your weekend on a sunset tour of the District’s most iconic monuments before heading to The Wharf to compete in winter games. Top off your weekend by catching a show at The Kennedy Center before the reality of midterm exams kicks in.

Friday

Sunset Monuments and Memorials Architecture Tour

Monument walks may be a rite of passage for GW students, but knowing the history behind these landmarks can be as enjoyable as the views. This Friday, you can embark on a sunset tour of the National Mall with D.C. Design Tours, a group that conducts historical walking tours that focus on architecture and design. Enjoy the beauty of the sunset as a guide explains the urban planning and architectural choices that went into the creation of monuments like the White House, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

Washington Monument Lodge, 2 15th St. NW. 5 or 7 p.m. Tickets are $35.

Saturday

First Annual Wharf Winter Games

Grab your friends and head to The Wharf on Saturday for the inaugural Wharf Winter Games. Compete against your friends or residents of the District in three hours worth of games like pin the tail on the husky, corn hole and curling. If you prefer to cheer from the sidelines, you can enjoy treats like s’mores, beer and wine while rooting for your friends.

District Wharf, 735 Water St. SW. 2 p.m. Free.

Sunday

‘The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical’ at The Kennedy Center

Catch “The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical” as it takes the stage at The Kennedy Center for this weekend only. The musical, which is based on the best-selling novel by Rick Riordan, shares the adventures of Percy Jackson, a teenage boy who has recently discovered he is a demigod. Follow Jackson as he encounters monsters and Greek gods on his quest to find Zeus’ lightning bolt.

The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW. 2 p.m. Tickets start at $99.