Weekend outlook – Get struck by cupid’s arrow at a Valentine’s Day bar crawl

The+Madhatter+bar+is+one+of+the+locations+participating+in+Cupid%E2%80%99s+Bar+Crawl+on+Saturday.+
The Madhatter bar is one of the locations participating in Cupid’s Bar Crawl on Saturday.

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, the District is preparing for cupid’s arrival. Regardless of your relationship status, you can dance with your single friends this weekend or head to Dupont Circle bars. If you are dreading the Hallmark holiday, focus on a different celebration and attend the Lunar New Year parade.

Friday

Sippin’ at CityDance: Single Ladies

With heart-shaped chocolates and sappy cards invading store shelves, it’s easy to get discouraged and sulk if you’re single. But CityDance has a better alternative than wallowing in self-pity. Put on your dancing shoes and learn the iconic choreography to Beyonce’s “Single Ladies.” The ticket price also includes one glass of wine, so grab your girl gang Friday and dance it out to the beat of Queen B.

CityDance, 4435 Wisconsin Ave. NW. 6:45 to 8 p.m. Tickets begin at $25.

Saturday

Cupid’s Bar Crawl

Whether you are single or taken, Cupid’s Bar Crawl will have you celebrating the season of love while exploring more than 10 bars in Dupont Circle. Participants are encouraged to wear lavish outfits sporting anything from heart-patterned attire to full cupid costumes. With the purchase of a ticket, you will receive discounts including $2 light beers, $3 rail drinks and $4 shots so even if you don’t get hit by cupid’s arrow, you’ll have a good time celebrating. Participants of the bar crawl will receive a refillable mug, party favors and free professional photos from the event.

The bar crawl begins at The Front Page, 1333 New Hampshire Ave. NW, or City Tap House, 1250 Connecticut Ave. NW. 2 to 10 p.m. Tickets begin at $25. 21+.

Sunday

D.C. Lunar New Year Parade

This weekend, it’s time to celebrate the year of the pig. The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association is boasting a big celebration in Chinatown Sunday to ring in the 4717 Chinese Lunar New Year. A parade will feature traditional lion and dragon dances, firecrackers, live music and talent from the community. After the parade, enjoy the authentic cuisine Chinatown has to offer and revel in live Kung Fu demonstrations at the free event.

The parade route will start at 6th and I Streets NW. 2 p.m. Free.