Baseball adds Marshall as assistant coach

Chad Marshall will join the baseball coaching staff as an assistant coach, assistant recruiting coordinator and third base coach, according to an athletic department release Wednesday.

Marshall comes to GW by way of William and Mary, where he spent two seasons as a volunteer assistant coach for the Tribe. He spent his own college years at Stony Brook where he was a four-year starter on the team.

“I’m really excited to be a part of the Colonial family,” Marshall said in the release. “I know there is a lot of energy in this team and we will continue to grow and develop as a team.”

Prior to his time at William and Mary, Marshall served one season as the director of baseball operations at his alma mater in 2016. Marshall graduated from Stony Brook in 2012 and still holds top-five records in career games played, at-bats, hits and runs. He was also a four-time All-America East selection and a Freshman All-American honoree for the Seawolves.

Marshall will replace former assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Dave Lorber, who departed from the program in December to take a head coaching position at Stockton University.

The Colonials will kick off the 2019 season Feb. 15 taking on Tulane in a three-game series on the road. First pitch is slated for 7:30 p.m.