Crime log: Man threatens GWPD officer, urinates on sidewalk

Unlawful Entry
Science & Engineering Hall
1/7/2019 – 10:32 p.m.
Closed Case

While on patrol, a GW Police Department officer observed a woman sleeping in the first-floor lobby. While making contact with her, the officer discovered that the individual was previously barred from campus. The officer issued an updated bar notice and escorted her from the building.

– Subject barred.

Theft II/From Building, Credit Card Fraud
Lerner Health and Wellness Center
1/9/2019 – 3 to 4 p.m.
Closed Case

A student reported to GWPD that his wallet was stolen from the third-floor basketball court, and he noticed $73 of fraudulent charges to his account.

– No suspect or witnesses.

Urinating in Public, Threats to do Bodily Harm, Disorderly Conduct/Intoxication
University Mall
1/10/2019 – 12:15 a.m.
Closed Case

While on patrol, a GWPD officer observed a male individual sleeping on a park bench between Ross Hall and the GW Hospital and made contact. The individual threatened the officer and then urinated on the sidewalk. GWPD arrested the man and issued a bar notice. The Metropolitan Police Department responded to the scene and transferred the subject to the Second District police station for processing.

– Subject arrested.

Threats to do Bodily Harm, Weapons Violation
Public Property On Campus (23rd and H streets NW)
1/12/2019 – 5:40 p.m.
Closed Case

On Jan. 13 at 1:15 a.m., a male student reported to GWPD that earlier in the evening, an unknown male subject approached him and pulled a weapon out of his jacket. When the student saw the weapon, he ran to the Foggy Bottom Metro station. GWPD canvassed the area but could not find the male subject. There is limited information about the weapon.

– No identifiable subject.

Drug Law Violation, Liquor Law Violation
District House
1/13/2019 – 3:25 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor. GW Housing conducted an administrative search that yielded drugs, drug paraphernalia and alcohol.

– Referred to the Office of Enrollment and the Student Experience.

Liquor Law Violation, Disorderly Conduct/Intoxication, Assault on a Police Officer
Guthridge Hall
1/13/2019 – 8:25 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. The student, while being assessed by EMeRG, became argumentative and disorderly with emergency personnel, pushing a GWPD officer and an EMeRG staff member while attempting to leave the scene. She was restrained and transported to GW Hospital for medical treatment.

– Referred to ESE.

Liquor Law Violation, Disorderly Conduct/Intoxication
Shenkman Hall
1/14/2019 – 11:11 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to a report of an intoxicated male student. While making contact with him, the student attempted to flee the scene but was apprehended by officers. EMeRG assessed the student and transported him to GW Hospital for medical treatment.

– Referred to ESE.

Threats in a Menacing Manner, Disorderly Conduct
Arlington Campus
Multiple – Multiple
Closed Case

A GW staff member reported that during a program hosted at the Arlington campus, a male subject unaffiliated with GW became disorderly and made threats to a professor also unaffiliated with the University. The Arlington Police Department responded to the scene, but the subject had left before officers arrived.

– Referred to Arlington Police Department.
– Compiled by Valerie Yurk.