GW to clear students from course waitlists

Olivia Anderson | Photo Editor

Students will be removed from waitlists for courses that are full at the end of the week, according to an email sent to students Wednesday.

Online course registration will be temporarily disabled at noon on Friday to remove all students from waitlists for courses that have enrolled the maximum number of students. Any slots that are remaining when the online registration page reopens at 2 p.m. will be filled on a “first-come, first-served” basis, according to the email.

Officials said if students were on a waitlist for a course that they still want to enroll in for the spring semester, they will need to check seat availability when registration reopens Friday afternoon to register for any open spots.

“We will continue to look for ways to improve the online waitlist process,” the email states. “However, we have found that many of the students who remain on waitlists at this point in the semester are no longer interested in the classes they were initially waitlisted for during the spring registration process and are not accepting seats when they receive offers to join those classes.”

Faculty can sign registration transaction forms to allow students to register for their closed courses, according to the email.