Locally made gifts for everyone on your list

Cherry+Blossom+Workshop%2C+a+local+vendor%2C+creates+hand-drawn+maps+of+neighborhoods+in+the+District+like+Adams+Morgan%2C+Foggy+Bottom+and+Georgetown.+
Cherry Blossom Workshop, a local vendor, creates hand-drawn maps of neighborhoods in the District like Adams Morgan, Foggy Bottom and Georgetown.

This holiday season, show off your new home by buying gifts from local vendors around the District.

Whether you’re looking for the perfect addition to your friend’s residence hall room or something sweet to bring to a holiday party, the District’s plethora of locally made products have you covered.

Household gifts

Support the D.C. community by gifting a candle from Freres Branchiaux Candle Co. The candles are hand poured by three brothers who started their own business for extra money to buy toys, and 10 percent of the proceeds go to D.C. homeless shelters. The candles ($18) come in traditional scents like vanilla spice, cherry blossom and lavender crush, but Freres Branchiaux Candle Co. also offers more unique scents like “Wakanda Forever,” which features hints of bergamot and thyme. Each candle is poured into a reusable glass amber jar and adorned with a sleek, modern label, ensuring that your gift will not only smell great, but will also be aesthetically pleasing.

A piece of handmade pottery is a one-of-a-kind gift for a good friend. Located at 716 Monroe St. NE #18, Kuzeh Pottery offers a plethora of gift-giving options. Gift a mug ($34 to $36) to your friend that always has a cup of tea or coffee with them, and stuff it with tea bags or K-Cups for extra flare. For your friend with plenty of plants scattered around their room, opt for one of Kuzeh’s faceted planters ($24), which is the perfect size for holding little succulents.

If you are still struggling to find a foolproof gift for an artsy friend, check out Cherry Blossom Workshop, a local vendor that creates hand-drawn maps of neighborhoods in the District like Adams Morgan, Foggy Bottom and Georgetown. Unframed maps ($30) will make a great addition to any residence hall room, adding a pop of color to any blank wall. For those on a budget, Cherry Blossom Workshop also offers cards ($5) – which are the perfect way to add a bit of D.C. flare to any gift you are already giving.

Food and drink

Head to the District Distilling Co. store at 1414 U St. NW to grab some spirits for your friends that know how to have a good time. The D.C.-based company has you covered no matter what your spirit of choice is, with rum, vodka, gin and whiskey brewed in the company’s historic townhouse. The liquors can be purchased at several shops around the District or in the distillery shop at 1414 U St. NW where you can even bottle your own whiskey from your choice of a French rhum or apple brandy cask.

For the people in your life that have a major sweet tooth, give the gift of Whisked. Each of Whisked’s cookies and pies are made in their D.C.-based bakery and can be found at Whole Foods and farmers markets across the District. Order a mini pie and cookies set ($38.95), which features two mini 6 inch pies and a dozen cookies, which will most definitely satisfy anyone’s sugar cravings. Choose between cookie flavors like Nutella, brown butter snickerdoodle or salty oatmeal, and opt for a bourbon pecan or sea salt chocolate chess pie.