Weekend outlook – Head to an all-female ’90s concert

The+Pearl+Street+Warehouse+will+host+a+variety+of+local+female+musicians+as+they+pay+tribute+to+the+women+of+the+%E2%80%9890s+on+Sunday.+
The Pearl Street Warehouse will host a variety of local female musicians as they pay tribute to the women of the ‘90s on Sunday.

Whether you want to drop it low or shop ‘til you drop this weekend, the District has plenty of events for anyone who needs a break from the monotony of preparing for final exams.

Friday

DJ Snoopadelic and Curren$y at Echostage

A quick cure for your finals funk is catching a concert at Echostage. For as little as $25, you can escape the reality of exams with the musical selections of DJ Snoopadelic – rapper Snoop Dogg’s new DJ persona – and Curren$y. The venue may be a bit far from campus, but that just means you will be further away from your responsibilities. With a set full of rap music, you will have the opportunity for a major star sighting and be one of the first to be acquainted with Snoop Dogg’s new DJ alter ego.

Echostage, 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE. Doors open at 10 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $30.

Saturday

Adams Morgan Day Winter Market

With the holidays quickly approaching, there is a lot of pressure to find the perfect gifts for family and friends. Luckily, Adams Morgan vendors are here to help. Adams Morgan Day – D.C.’s longest-running neighborhood festival – is hosting its first-ever holiday market this year for its 40th anniversary celebration. The market will host more than 50 local vendors, so one of them is bound to have the perfect gift for even the toughest person on your list. If you would rather procrastinate your shopping while also avoiding exams, the neighborhood’s weekly farmers market will be set up in SunTrust Plaza until 1 p.m. selling everything from trees and wreaths to produce and seasonal baked goods. The holiday market will continue through Sunday and feature carolers and a 20-minute holiday program on the steps of the LINE Hotel, making it a perfect holiday-themed addition to your weekend plans.

SunTrust Plaza and Unity Park, 18th Street and Columbia Road NW. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free.

Sunday

Women Who Rock The ‘90s

If you are looking to reward yourself after a weekend of study sessions, head over to Pearl Street Warehouse and join a variety of local, female musicians as they pay tribute to the women of ‘90s. The event is hosted by Project HERA, an organization that works to foster a community of growth and empowerment for women by putting on concerts throughout the year. This year’s female-fueled music festival highlights women in music while collecting money for charity – tickets are $12 and $2 from each sale will benefit the nonprofit. The event will feature more than 30 local female artists singing ‘90s covers, so grab your overpriced, fake antique Urban Outfitters t-shirt and support local female artists.

Pearl Street Warehouse, 33 Pearl St. SW. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12. 21+.