Crime log: Bag of chips stolen from vending machine in Media and Public Affairs building

Traffic Accident: Hit and Run

2200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW (Garage)
11/14/2018 – Unknown
Closed Case

A male faculty member reported to the GW Police Department that he noticed damage on the front bumper of his silver Mercedes-Benz in a parking garage at 2200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW.

– No suspects or witnesses.

Unlawful Entry

Academic Center
11/16/2018 – 7:58 p.m.
Closed Case

A male faculty member reported to GWPD that there was a male individual unaffiliated with GW in his third-floor office. GWPD responded and issued a bar notice to the individual and escorted him out of the building.

– Subject barred.

Disorderly Conduct

Corcoran School of the Arts and Design
11/17/2018 – 11:50 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD observed an intoxicated individual not affiliated with GW in the Corcoran basement. GWPD issued the subject a bar notice, and there is limited information about the subject’s conduct.

– Subject barred.

Threat to do Bodily Harm

Alley behind Potomac House
11/17/2018 – 2:15 p.m.
Closed Case

A female student reported to GWPD that a male individual physically threatened her and her boyfriend after engaging in a verbal altercation.

– No identifiable subject.

Lewd, Indecent or Obscene Acts

Public Property On Campus (2300 Block of I Street NW)
11/18/2018 – 1:31 a.m.
Closed Case

A female student reported to GWPD that a non-GW affiliated male subject pulled up next to her on the I Street side of District House and asked her for directions to Virginia Avenue. During the conversation, she noticed that he was engaging in obscene acts, and the subject drove away. Officers from the Metropolitan Police Department responded to the scene and canvassed the area but were unable to locate the subject. There is limited information about the obscene acts.

– No identifiable suspect.

Unlawful Entry

Marvin Center
11/20/2018 – 10:20 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers observed a male individual who had been previously barred from campus asleep in a chair on the first floor of the Marvin Center. Officers issued the individual a second bar notice and escorted him from the building.

– Subject barred.

Robbery Pick Pocket, Credit Card Fraud

Marvin Center
11/26/2018 – 12:30 p.m.
Closed Case

A female faculty member reported to GWPD that her credit and debit cards were stolen from her purse that she placed on the floor next to her chair on the first floor of the Marvin Center. She also reported that her bank notified her of two unauthorized charges on her accounts after the cards were stolen.

– No identifiable suspect.

Breaking and Entering Vending/Theft Coin Operating Machine

Media and Public Affairs Building
11/28/2018 – 7:36 p.m.
Open Case

While on patrol, a GWPD officer observed that a fifth-floor vending machine door was partially open and, upon further investigation, found that a bag of chips had been stolen.

– Case open.

– Compiled by Valerie Yurk.