D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to campus Saturday afternoon after a “haze of smoke” was found in a garage, officials said.
At about 11:49 a.m., about 15 D.C. FEMS personnel responded to a report of smoke in the garage near Duques Hall, D.C. FEMS spokesman Vito Maggiolo said.
Maggiolo said the smoke was the result of a malfunctioning piece of machinery. No one was injured in the incident, he said.
Two engines were still on scene at about 12:30 p.m., but all other personnel had left, Maggiolo said.
University spokeswoman Maralee Csellar did not immediately return a request for comment.