Weekend outlook – Catch a variety show featuring two legendary Hollywood comedians

Actors+Steve+Martin+and+Martin+Short+will+take+the+stage+at+The+Anthem+for+an+evening+of+sketches%2C+featuring+the+Grammy-winning+band+The+Steep+Canyon+Rangers+and+pianist+Jeff+Babko.+
Actors Steve Martin and Martin Short will take the stage at The Anthem for an evening of sketches, featuring the Grammy-winning band The Steep Canyon Rangers and pianist Jeff Babko.

Party to Korean pop to kick off your weekend, before switching gears at a rap concert Sunday night that’s sure to be a full house. In between, catch a variety show featuring two famous Martins who are both legendary Hollywood comedians.

Friday

Bae Bae K-Pop Dance Party at U Street Music Hall

Dance your midterm stress away with a stacked playlist of Korean pop music from the last two decades. K-pop music tows the line between hip-hop, rock, pop and jazz, intermingling each genre’s catchy choruses with elaborate choreography. The night will feature songs by famed girl groups like Red Velvet, who experiment with electro-pop and R&B, along with BLACKPINK and boy bands like Pentagon and BTS. The $10 ticket covers admission and entry into the raffle for free CDs like EXO’s album “Don’t Mess Up My Tempo” and solo artist Sunmi’s “Warning,” along with posters and photo books. For a chance to win more prizes, hop on stage and dance for 30 seconds during their midnight dance contest. The event is 18 or older, and attendees under 21 must purchase tickets before arrival.

U Street Music Hall, 1115A U St. NW. 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. $10.

Saturday

Steve Martin and Martin Short at The Anthem

Spend your Saturday night with two accomplished celebrities who are will put their comedy chops on display. Actors Steve Martin and Martin Short will take the stage for an evening of humorous sketches, featuring the Grammy-winning band The Steep Canyon Rangers and pianist Jeff Babko. Martin has starred in popular films like “Cheaper by the Dozen,” and “Father of the Bride,” which he co-starred with Short, who played roles like Jack Frost in “The Santa Clause 3.” The event is one stop on the North American tour that Martin and Short following the May release of their Netflix comedy special. The duo will sing, play banjo and maybe even don some silly costumes. In addition, the duo will discuss their respective careers, sharing personal stories during this intimate night of songs and laughs.

The Anthem, 901 Wharf St. SW. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets from $75 to $175.

Sunday

Gucci Mane with Smokepurpp at Echostage

Squeeze a concert in right before Thanksgiving break with trap maverick Gucci Mane. With his roots in Southern hip hop with bassy jams and somber subject matters, the rapper’s trademark flows have graced some of hip hop’s biggest hits of the past decade, including “Black Beatles.” Gucci Mane released three of aptly-titled albums, “Trap House,” “Trap-a-Thon” and “Back to the Trap House,” way before the genre’s apex in popularity. On top of being an influencer, Gucci Mane owns his own record label 1017 Records, which signed opening act Hoodrich Pablo Juan. Joining the two rappers is fresh face of trap music Smokepurpp, who completes an unmissable lineup.

Echostage, 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE. Show starts 10 p.m. Tickets from $40 to $50.