Weekend outlook – Taste test dishes from D.C. and beyond at Union Market

Emporiyum%2C+hosted+at+Union+Market%2C+is+a+three-day+food+festival+showcasing+more+than+95+vendors.+
Emporiyum, hosted at Union Market, is a three-day food festival showcasing more than 95 vendors.

Your stomach will be full from a weekend jam-packed with food events. Kick off the weekend at a pop-up shop sampling a classic Canadian dish. Then, give your stomach a break at an art festival, before heading to a food festival at Union Market.

Friday

Pop-Up Poutinerie by Air Canada

D.C. residents can get a taste of Canada’s signature dish this weekend when Air Canada sets up a poutinerie in Dupont Circle this weekend. The limited-time shop will offer 10 variations on the classic dish – which consists of french fries topped with cheese curds and a brown gravy – for $5 each. In addition to the Montreal classic, the shop will serve Toronto’s The Six, a bed of sweet potato fries topped with pork belly, cheese curds, whole grain maple mustard and fresh herbs, and other souped up creations. Proceeds from the event will go to Martha’s Table, a local nonprofit organization that includes a food pantry.

1351 Connecticut Ave. NW. Noon to 10 p.m.

Saturday

Catharsis on the Mall

If you’re looking to unwind with a journey into the unusual, check out the weekend festival Catharsis on the Mall. Now entering its fourth year, the self-proclaimed “vigil for healing” boasts 31 separate art installations and 11 art-themed camps such as “Radical Matriarchy” and “Deadly Muppets Lounge.” Test an eclectic array of workshops, from Serpent Healing to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, then top off your night by dancing until sunrise.

National Mall. All day. For the full list of events and festival offerings, visit the Catharsis on the Mall website.

Sunday

Emporiyum at Union Market

The selection at the Emporiyum gourmet food marketplace makes for an unparalleled taste testing experience. The three-day event showcases more than 95 of the best culinary and confectionery vendors from across the country, along with local favorites like Ice Cream Jubilee, Swizzler and Timber Pizza Co. For those looking for an even more in-depth experience, visitors can consider purchasing the marketplace’s VIP pass to gain early access to the event and a gift bag filled with handcrafted goodies.

Union Market, 1309 Fifth St. NE. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets start at $15.