Weekend outlook – Catch an assortment of musical acts around D.C.

The+Howard+Theatre+will+host+hip-hop+artist+Azealia+Banks+Saturday.+
The Howard Theatre will host hip-hop artist Azealia Banks Saturday.

This weekend, experience some of entertainment’s divas, past and present. Revisit Oz with a movie screening and a new exhibition, then get a sampling of the two of the U.S. and U.K.’s top songstresses of the last decade.

Friday

‘The Wizard of Oz’ at the National Museum of American History

Celebrate the return of Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers with an intimate screening of “The Wizard of Oz” at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History. Showings of the film are at 1:50 and 4:10 p.m. all weekend. The museum is hosting various activities to promote the historic shoes’ return after they were absent from the collection due to restoration efforts to preserve the popular symbol of American film history. In addition to attending the film, see the precious Ruby Slippers along with seven other installations exploring history through aspects of American culture. The museum also encourages guests to dress up like their favorite characters from the 1939 classic.

Smithsonian National Museum of American History, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. Shows at 1:50 and 4:10 p.m. Movie tickets are $13.50 to $15.

Saturday

Azealia Banks at The Howard Theatre

Catch Azealia Banks’ concert at The Howard Theatre this Saturday. The hip-hop and electronic artist is known for her spitfire lyrics, adoption of club beats and controversial beefs with other artists. Banks may perform popular songs like “212” and “Anna Wintour,” along with her newest release, “Treasure Island.” Banks’ tour has brought her to mainly California and New York locales, but you can catch her in D.C. before she heads south to continue her tour in Brazil.

The Howard Theatre, 620 T St. NW. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $27.50.

Sunday

Lily Allen at the Fillmore Silver Spring

See a reinvented Lily Allen perform on her North American tour featuring her newest album, “No Shame,” which explores prior struggles with her party lifestyle and family. The British singer and songwriter will be coming to the D.C.-area for the first time in four years this Sunday, performing for one night only at the Fillmore in Silver Spring. Watch Allen perform new tunes like “Trigger Bang” and “Come on Then” along with some of her more classic songs like “The Fear” and “Smile.”

The Fillmore Silver Spring, 8656 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Md. Doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35.