Weekend outlook – Relax at opera concert on Nationals Park field

The+Washington+Opera+will+perform+%E2%80%9CThe+Barber+of+Seville%E2%80%9D+at+Nationals+Park+Saturday.+
The Washington Opera will perform “The Barber of Seville” at Nationals Park Saturday.

Step out and explore the District with a tour through cultural dance, song and art at three separate events this weekend.

Friday

Kalanidhi Dance at Millennium Stage

Catch a free performance at Millennium Stage Friday and explore an upbeat genre of dance. Kalanidhi Dance Company, a Bethesda-based group in traditional Indian dance, will be performing “Bhoomi,” a piece inspired by humanity’s turbulent and ever-changing relationship with the environment. “Bhoomi,” which means Earth in Hindi, explores human advancement and environmental responsibility through a perspective informed by Indian philosophies. This company is known for taking its excellence in classic Indian dance style and applying it to contemporary ideas and current contexts, making the bright, vibrant work relevant.

The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Show at 6 p.m. Free.

Saturday

Opera in the Outfield at Nationals Park

The Washington Opera will be performing “The Barber of Seville” at Nationals Park Saturday to celebrate the 11th season of Opera in the Outfield. Grab your favorite beach towel or picnic blanket and camp out on the Nationals’ beautifully manicured outfield. Show up early to the park at 5 p.m. for pre-show festivities, including food, games, instrument meet-and-greets, a costume shop and raffle prizes.

Nationals Park, 1500 S. Capitol St. SE. Show starts 7 p.m. Free.

Sunday

Turkish Festival

Top off your weekend at D.C.’s 16th Annual Turkish Festival, featuring live folk dance and music performances, delicious Turkish foods, and arts and crafts activities for people of all ages. The festival’s theme, “Colors of Anatolia,” offers an exciting celebration held in collaboration with the GW Textile Museum’s current exhibit, “A Nomad’s Art: Kilims of Anatolia.” Much like the exhibit, the festival will showcase lush Turkish fabrics and kilims that transport you to Turkish women’s cultural practice of weaving. Shop through a lively bazaar, witness entertaining shows rich in tradition, get your fortune read and treat yourself to a cup of authentic Turkish coffee.

1400 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Free.