Weekend outlook – Brave the hurricane at a Hamilton history lesson

Bier+Baron+Tavern%2C+located+at+1523+22nd+St.+NW%2C+is+hosting+a+Hamilton-themed+event+Sunday+night.+
Bier Baron Tavern, located at 1523 22nd St. NW, is hosting a Hamilton-themed event Sunday night.

With Hurricane Florence causing downpours all weekend, several planned outdoor festivals have postponed their celebrations. But these indoor events will keep up the weekend fun despite inclement weather.

Friday

Black Cat 25th Anniversary

If you’ve never made it to this iconic D.C. venue, Black Cat’s two-night affair to celebrate its 25th anniversary is the perfect time to go. Stick around from when doors open to tour through more than six musical acts, with ’80s English punk group Subhumans headlining Friday night’s festivities. The event takes place over two days, providing an introduction for newbies and a capstone for those that are regulars in D.C.’s small-venue scene.

Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW,, Starts at 7 p.m., $25 to $50.

Saturday

Kevin Hart at Capital One Arena

Fans of his stand-up work and roles on the silver screen will laugh out loud as Kevin Hart makes his way to D.C this week for his “Irresponsible Tour.” Hart has spent the past decade starring in comedy blockbusters and headlining comedy acts. Hart’s D.C. stop is one of the more than 100 shows along his worldwide tour. Whether you are watching his contagious smile from a jumbotron or having a laugh in the front row, his act will bring chuckles to the whole crowd.

Capital One Arena, 601 F St. NW. 7 p.m. Starts at $36.

Sunday

Profs and Pints at Bier Baron Tavern

While the last weekend of Hamilton bows out at the Kennedy Center, drop by Bier Baron Tavern for a cheaper way to check out the musical’s historical women. Combine a boozy night out with a history lesson from Marymount University professor Cassandra Good, as she takes viewers through Alexander Hamilton’s family legacies. Good is a historical expert on the period, who recently published the book “Founding Friendships,” on relationships between men and women of colonial times. If you’ve ever wondered what happens to his wife Eliza after – spoiler alert – Hamilton keels over, Good will reveal this and more.

Bier Baron Tavern, 1523 22nd St. NW. 6 p.m. $12 in advance.