Two positions terminated during student affairs overhaul

Donna Armstrong | Contributing Photo Editor
Two top student affairs positions were terminated during the creation of the Office of Enrollment and the Student Experience this summer.

Two administrative positions were terminated during a restructuring of the University’s student affairs divisions this summer.

During the creation of the Office of Enrollment and the Student Experience, officials nixed two positions: the associate dean of students for administrative services and the executive director of planning and outreach. The posts were previously held by Danielle Lico and Robert Snyder, respectively, University spokeswoman Lindsay Hamilton confirmed Wednesday.

Hamilton said the responsibilities for each position were reassigned to other roles in the new office. Lico is currently serving as an adviser to Laurie Koehler, the senior vice provost for enrollment and the student experience, “to help with the transition to the new organizational structure,” Hamilton said.

“I thank Danielle and Robert for their dedication to GW and all that they have done to enhance the student experience and contribute to the GW community,” Koehler said in an email.

Lico and Snyder did not return multiple requests for comment.

Lico took the helm of the Colonial Health Center last October after the center’s first permanent director unexpectedly resigned. As the head of the center, Lico oversaw the largest overhaul to the CHC since the center opened more than three years ago, while she also maintained administrative roles in several departments, including the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and the Office of Military and Veteran Student Services.

M.L. “Cissy” Petty, the new dean of the student experience, now heads the CHC.

Snyder previously served as the director of Mount Vernon Campus life before switching into his role in the Division of Student Affairs – a department that was merged with the enrollment division this summer to create the ESE.