Weekend outlook – Dance to contemporary hits before move-in day

File Photo by Arielle Bader | Hatchet Photographer
The 9:30 Club, located at 815 V St. NW, offers intimate shows just steps from bars and restaurants around U Street.

During move-in weekend, join a dance party featuring music from this decade before tagging along to a block party in a historic neighborhood. Then, prepare for a party-filled syllabus week at a beer festival.

Friday

“Can’t Feel My Face: 2010s Dance Party” at 9:30 Club

Celebrate your move-in with your favorite hits from the past eight years. 9:30 Club will hold a 2010s dance party on Friday to feature Top-40 artists like Adele, Drake and Rihanna. D.C. musicians Will Eastman and Ozker will DJ the event and have previously hosted a series of era-specific parties, like “No Scrubs: 90s Dance Party” and “Hot in Here: 00s Dance Party.” While you get your groove on this Friday, you will help others as a portion of ticket sales benefit Project Create D.C., a charity that provides accessible arts education to homeless children.

9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. 9 p.m. $12.

Saturday

17th Street Block Party

For its ninth year, the 17th Street Block Party will host more than 100 vendors and 60 artists in a historic neighborhood. Local entrepreneurs and artisans will showcase their wares along 17th Street, so you can stock up your collection of jewelry and ceramics while you support local businesses. You’ll find live music ranging in genre from Chinese percussion to Dixieland bands and drag performances from Brooklyn Heights. If your family came along to help you move, you can bring kids to the block party’s kids’ zone, which holds inflatable moon bounce and a face painting station. Entry to the festival is free but a $10 donation will land you a wristband that will get you discounts.

17th Street between P and R streets. Noon to 6 p.m. Free.

Sunday

Port City Arts and Ales at Drafthouse Comedy

Continue supporting local creators at Port City Arts and Ales: D.C. Edition, which will take place at Drafthouse Comedy Theater to mark the end of D.C. Beer Week. The venue will transform its space into a gallery for local artists like the abstract graphic artist TrentBar, while customers sip on pints of local Port City beer. If you see a piece that catches your eye, you can purchase it on the spot. With free admission, you won’t mind splurging on beer that’s a step up from the Natural Light you’ll drink for the rest of the week.

Drafthouse Comedy Theater, 1100 13th St. NW. 4 to 9 p.m. 18+. Free.