Weekend outlook – Listen to chart-topping artists all weekend long

File Photo by Graeme Sloan | Contributing Photo Editor
The Arctic Monkeys will take the stage at The Anthem, located at 901 Wharf St. SW., Saturday.

Get ready for a weekend filled with music as high-profile acts roll through the District on summer tours. You won’t want to miss shows ranging from a performance by a music power couple to a collection alternative rock bands on multiple stages.

Friday

Beyoncé and Jay-Z at FedEx Field

The reigning power couple of popular music comes to D.C. for a two-night stint at FedEx Field this weekend. Beyoncé and Jay-Z received praise for their solo releases, “Lemonade” and “4:44” in 2016 and 2017, and the duo collaborated on the trap-heavy album “Everything Is Love” under their joint name The Carters earlier this summer. The jam-packed set will likely feature the artists’ greatest hits mashed up with new favorites. Whether you like your Beyoncé with a helping of pop or hip-hop, or dig Jay-Z’s classic flows on “99 Problems” and “Big Pimpin,” Friday’s set will have something for every fan.

FedEx Field, 1600 FedEx Way, Landover, Md. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $49.50.

Saturday

Arctic Monkeys at The Anthem

The iconic English indie-rock outfit Arctic Monkeys will play an intimate show at the Anthem Saturday. The band first emerged in the early 2000s as the angsty soundtrack of British dancefloors and has since risen as one of modern music’s most popular bands. With their most recent album, “Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino,” released in May, Arctic Monkeys have added to more than a decade of hits like “R U Mine?” and “Fluorescent Adolescent.” The group typically packs arena shows, so take advantage of this opportunity to get up close in the general admission pit at this energetic set.

The Anthem, 901 Wharf St. SW. Doors open at 6:30 p.m, show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $62.69.

Sunday

Vans Warped Tour at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Keep the rock music going for the rest of the weekend at the annual Vans Warped Tour music festival. The Warped Tour, a staple of the alternative music scene since it began in 1995, shows off the genres top performers. The festival boasts six stages with more than 50 bands performing, from throwback favorites like 3OH!3 and We the Kings, to long-loved emo groups like Mayday Parade. This year marks the festival’s last tour around the country, so don’t miss what some see as the end of an era.

Merriweather Post Pavilion, 10475 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Md. Doors open at 11 a.m. Tickets from $39 to $55.