Weekend outlook – Visit a museum transformed into an interactive exhibit

Graeme Sloan | Contributing Photo Editor
“Fun House,” a new exhibit at the National Building Museum, opened Wednesday.

Extend your Fourth of July party into the weekend with a rap show followed by experimental theater performances. Then, cap off the festivities by snapping one final Instagram post at an interactive museum exhibit.

Friday

Pusha T at Echostage

Catch rap veteran Pusha T spitting bars at Echostage. The concert will be one of Pusha T’s first shows featuring music from his latest release, “DAYTONA,” which arrived in May and was produced by Kanye West. The album may be a short seven songs, but the rapper’s speedy flows leave no second wasted. Pusha T got his start more than two decades ago, but recently made headlines for his feud with rapper Drake, put to verse on songs like “Infared” and “The Story of Adidon.” Both songs are off his new album, so you might hear the beef for yourself at Friday’s show.

Echostage, 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE. 9 p.m. Tickets $30 to $40.

Saturday

Capital Fringe Festival

Step out of your comfort zone with unique performances, improv dramas and punk rock shows at the annual Capital Fringe Festival. The performing arts event begins Saturday and will feature more than 100 shows across several venues. Some shows require a Capital Fringe Button, which can be picked up for $5 at Market SW or any participating box office. The button also grants you discounts at various D.C. restaurants. With your ticket, attend “O Monsters,” a dance performance at the Arena Stage’s Mead Theater, or be up close for “The Vandal,” a drama shown at an art space in Chinatown. Capital Fringe’s performances test the definition of theater, and some eschew the traditional viewing experience to create abstract pieces of music, dance and puppetry. The festival kicks off Saturday and runs through the end of the month.

Capital Fringe Festival. Various locations. 12:30 to 8 p.m. $17 each.

Sunday

‘Fun House’ at the National Building Museum

The National Building Museum opened “Fun House” Wednesday – the latest exhibit designed by New York art studio Snarkitecture. “Fun House” is a series of temporary installations that span several rooms throughout the museum and transform them into interactive exhibits. The sprawling exhibit celebrates 10 years of projects from Snarkitecture, and brings back some of its most-loved shows like “Dig” from 2011. Snap selfies from the museum’s kidney-shaped pool, filled with thousands of recyclable plastic balls, reminiscent of the 2015 exhibit, “The Beach.” The exhibit requires timed passes, and you’ll want to secure your visit before it closes Sept. 3.

The National Building Museum, 401 F St. NW. Tickets $13 with student ID.