CVS debuts same-day prescription delivery service in D.C.

Students can now have their prescriptions delivered to their doorstep within hours.

CVS announced in a press release Tuesday that the company will now offer same-day prescription delivery in the District – one of six major cities nationwide to now offer the service. The company debuted the same-day delivery system in New York City last December and announced Tuesday that D.C., Boston, Miami, Philadelphia and San Francisco will also be added to the list.

The delivery service will include a one-time fee of $8.99. All orders placed by 4 p.m. on weekdays will be delivered by 8 p.m., while orders received before 11 a.m. on the weekends should arrive by 4 p.m., the release states.

Other health and household products, like allergy medications, vitamins and pain relief medicine, will also be available for same-day delivery, “with new products being added frequently,” according to the release.

CVS will also now offer its one- to two-day delivery service nationwide, and most prescriptions will be delivered the next day, the release states.

“The national launch of our prescription delivery service, including the expansion of same-day delivery in five new markets, is delivering on our promise to make staying healthy simpler for every patient, regardless of where they live,” Kevin Hourican, the president of CVS Pharmacy, said in the release.

Six CVS locations accept GWorld, including a campus-central location at The Shops at 2000 Penn.