Blue, Orange and Silver lines running on 24-minute schedule this weekend

The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority fare system will no longer permit riders to complete rides on the bus or subway with a negative balance on SmarTrip cards.

Students staying on campus for the summer can expect Metro delays this weekend as tracks undergo safety and maintenance work.

Trains on the Blue and Orange lines are running every 24 minutes, with single-tracking between Foggy Bottom and Clarendon and Arlington Cemetary, respectively. The delays will allow for the installation of cable and communication equipment to support underground cell service and a new radio system, according to an advisory from the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.

The Silver Line is also operating on a 24-minute schedule and will only run between Wiehle-Reston and Ballston. The Red, Yellow and Green lines are running every 15 minutes to accommodate separate track work, according to the advisory.

The Yellow Line is only running between Huntington and Mount Vernon Square to allow for the installation of new fasteners and rails on the Green Line, the advisory states.