Board of Trustees elects four new members, including three alumni

The Board of Trustees elected four new members Friday, including three alumni, according to a University release.

The new trustees include Christine Piorkowski Barth, the chief financial officer and chief compliance officer of Harren Equity Partners, a private investment firm. She received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from GW in 1988.

Charles Bendit, who also graduated with a degree in business administration in 1975, serves on the executive committee for the School of Business’ board of advisers, and he is also a member of the advisory board for GW’s Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis. He is also the co-chief executive officer of Taconic Investment Partners, a real estate company.

Chelsea Lenhart, a double alumna who completed her undergraduate degree at GW in 2014 and obtained a master’s degree in public administration two years later, currently works for the U.S. Department of Transportation Office of Inspector General.

Todd Klein is currently a partner at Revolution Growth, an investment firm, and previously served as the interim operating chief of Anonymous Content, an entertainment company.

“We are excited to welcome our new trustees, who bring strong leadership in business and higher education in addition to a great passion for GW and its continued growth,” Nelson Carbonell, the chair of the Board of Trustees, said in the release.

The new members will join the board effective July 1, the release states.