Graduating seniors reflect on time at The Hatchet

Before the latest crop of seniors from The Hatchet graduate this weekend, they sat down with our podcast hosts to discuss their favorite memories in the townhouse and the best content they produced over their college careers.

Many of the graduating editors have worked at The Hatchet since they were freshmen. In their time, they covered a new University president in his first year, a Student Association election scandal and a mismanaged body donor program in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. These are just a few of the front page stories they worked on in four years at The Hatchet.

This group of seniors also launched The Hatchet’s first podcast and helped create a mobile app for our readers this year. Their work contributed to numerous awards, including being named a finalist for best college newspaper, winning a national award for our staff editorials and other regional honors.

Our seniors couldn’t have created award-winning work without the support of our generous donors. Your donations go toward subscriptions for AP Stylebook and other publications, equipment for our photo, video, design and podcast teams, and other expenses to keep our townhouse up and running.

As the graduating seniors leave their positions and we continue the legacy of the projects they started, please consider making a donation in honor of the Class of 2018. Your tax-deductible donation will help us keep training hundreds of young journalists – like our graduating editors – for successful careers.