GWPD to bar individuals posting ‘threatening’ signs about pro-Palestinian SA resolution

GW Police Department officers will bar individuals from campus who were seen posting “inflammatory signs” Sunday related to a controversial pro-Palestinian divestment resolution the Student Association Senate will consider Monday.

Members of Divest this Time, a pro-Palestinian student group, said in a Facebook post Sunday that they found a “plethora of threatening posters and stickers” on campus targeting members of Students for Justice in Palestine and other supporters of the SA resolution, which calls on the University to divest from nine companies that allegedly contribute to Palestinian suffering.

The signs read “SJP hates Jews” and “SJP you saw 2 of us, we see all of you,” according to the post.

University spokeswoman Lindsay Hamilton confirmed Monday that GWPD officers responded to a report of “individuals on campus posting inflammatory signs.”

“GWPD has identified the individuals, who are from outside the GW community, and initiated the process to ban them from campus,” she said in an email.

Similar signs appeared around campus last week, hours before the SA was originally set to debate the resolution. The meeting was later called off amid security concerns.

“These tactics are made to scare us, made to push us from doing what’s right,” Divest this Time’s statement read. “Do not let them win, there is no wrong in being on the right side of history.”