Lil Pump cancels Spring Fling performance

During Spring Fling, Program Board announced that Lil Pump would no longer perform.

University Yard opened for Spring Fling attendees at 5 p.m., but set times for the two artists playing were never stated. About an hour later, Program Board posted on the Facebook page for the event that Lil Pump cancelled his appearance due to “travel circumstances.”

Program Board announced last month that Lil Yachty and Lil Pump would co-headline Spring Fling. Lil Yachty is still set to perform at 7:30 p.m.

“Due to travel circumstances, Lil Pump is unable to attend the show. Lil Yachty is set to perform in UYard at 7:30,” Program Board wrote in the post. “In the meantime, come out and get your free tank top, ride the mechanical shark, and get your free swag and lots food.”

Program Board did not immediately return a request to comment.

Minutes before the act was expected to take the stage, about 200 students were already gathered in University Yard. The sizable crowd soon dispersed when it became known that Lil Pump was not showing up. Students in the crowd expressed disappointment at the sudden shakeup in the lineup.

“I feel like it’s kind of rough on the GW students,” freshman Olivia Weiner, who was waiting in the crowd when they made the announcement, said. “I know that the Spring Fling idea is a thing that a lot of colleges do and it’s a thing that a lot of students look forward to. So, I think that since it was advertised as Lil Pump performing, it’s a disappointment.”