Former FBI Director Comey to speak on campus

Former FBI Director James Comey will speak on campus next month about his career in law enforcement.

Comey, who was controversially fired by President Donald Trump last May, will speak with Mike Allen, co-founder of the digital media organization Axios, about his upcoming memoir “Higher Loyalty,” which chronicles his experiences prosecuting mob bosses and investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government, according to a University release Monday.

The conversation will take place in Lisner Auditorium April 30. Tickets will be on sale for $30 for GW community members and $10 for students. They will go on sale Tuesday at noon in Lisner Auditorium, according to the release.

The Comey conversation will be a part of a series of high-profile events on campus this spring, part of a partnership between GW and the Politics and Prose bookstore.

Other speakers will include Yahoo News Chief Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff and Mother Jones Washington Bureau Chief David Corn, who will discuss their book on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election March 27, and alumna and CNN commentator Sally Kohn who will visit campus April 18.

The final event of the series will feature CNN Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper, who will come to campus May 2 to discuss his new book “The Hellfire Club, a “political thriller” set in 1950s D.C., according to the release.