Crime log: Intoxicated male found sleeping in Carvings bathroom

Harassment

1/31/2018 – 4:24 p.m.
Exploration Hall
Closed

A female student reported to security at the Virginia Science and Technology Campus that she was harassed by an unknown male subject while at the Virginia campus. VSTC security reported the incident to University Police Department officers, who used video surveillance footage to identify the male suspect as a student.

– Referred to DSA.

Traffic Accident: Hit-And-Run

2/1/2018 – 5:24 p.m.
Public Property on Campus (2100 Block of H Street)
Case Closed

UPD responded to a report of a traffic accident on H Street in which a vehicle being driven by an unknown subject hit an EMeRG vehicle door as a it was being opened. The vehicle left a dent in the door and the subject fled the scene.

– No identifiable suspect.

Unlawful Entry

2/2/2018 – 10:52 a.m.
Science and Engineering Hall
Case Closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious person in the Science and Engineering Hall. Upon arrival, officers learned that the female subject in her mid-forties had been previously barred from campus. UPD arrested the female subject, who was not affiliated with the University, and Metropolitan Police Department officers transported her to the Second District station for processing.

– Closed by arrest.

Public Drunkenness

2/2/2018 – 1:08 p.m.
Carvings
Case Closed

UPD responded to Carvings restaurant for a report of an intoxicated male, unaffiliated with GW, who was sleeping in the men’s restroom. EMeRG assessed the subject, who was in his mid-sixties, and transported him to the GW Hospital emergency room for medical treatment.

– No further action.

Simple Assault (Dating Violence)

2/3/2018 – 3:37 p.m.
Public Property on Campus (2000 Block of F Street)
Case Closed

UPD encountered a male individual – not affiliated with the University – who reported that a female student he was in a relationship with had struck him in the right arm. MPD arrived on the scene, arrested a female in her early 20s for simple assault and transported her to the Second District police station for processing.

– Closed by arrest.

Weapons Violation

2/5/2018 – 7:21 p.m.
Public Property on Campus (2200 Block I Street)
Case Closed

UPD responded to a report of a female subject, unaffiliated with the University, who was suffering from chest pains. When officers arrived, the subject stated that she had a knife concealed in her bag. MPD responded to the scene and confiscated a steak knife. EMeRG arrived and transported the subject to GW Hospital for mental observation.

– Referred to MPD.

Burglary II/Non-Forcible

2/5/2018 – Unknown
FoBoGro store
Case Closed

MPD and UPD responded to FoBoGro after receiving a call about a burglary in progress. Upon arrival, UPD officers contacted MPD and assisted them with processing the scene. Officers discovered only an open window.

– Referred to MPD.
– Compiled by Dani Grace.