Crime log: UPD finds drugs after investigating group on Munson Hall roof

Stalking

Potomac House
1/14/2018 – 3:52 p.m.
Case Closed

A female student reported to the University Police Department that a former acquaintance contacted her on social media. The male subject, who is not affiliated with the University, was previously barred for a stalking incident involving the same female student.

– Subject barred.

Theft II/From Building/Fraud 1D

Rice Hall
1/17/2018 – Multiple
Open Case

A staff member reported a theft at Rice Hall and fraudulent activity that occurred off campus. No other details were available.

– Open case.

Sexual Assault

Off Campus
1/14/2018 – Unknown
Case Closed

An individual reported a sexual assault incident to a campus security authority. The individual did not file a police report and little information is known.

– No further action.

Liquor Law Violation

Lafayette Hall
1/20/2018 – 1:34 a.m.
Case Closed

While on patrol, UPD officers heard a loud noise from the residence hall and observed alcohol in plain view. EMeRG arrived on the scene and transported two female students to the GW Hospital emergency room for treatment.

– Referred to DSA.

Drug Law Violation

Munson Hall
1/20/2018 – 3:56 p.m.
Case Closed

While on patrol, UPD officers observed individuals on Munson Hall’s restricted-access rooftop. While investigating the incident, officers smelled marijuana and observed drug paraphernalia in plain view. GW housing staff members responded to the scene and conducted an administrative search, yielding drugs and drug paraphernalia. UPD barred one male individual not affiliated with the University from campus and escorted him out of Munson Hall. Officers referred two other students to the Division of Student Affairs. While searching a residence hall room, staff discovered a forth student who was not on the roof but was associated with the group.

– Referred to DSA.

Threats to do Bodily Harm

Shenkman Hall
1/21/2018 – 9:25 p.m.
Case Closed

While on patrol, UPD observed two individuals not affiliated with the University in a verbal dispute at the corner of 23rd and H streets. The female victim – in her mid 20s – reported to UPD that the male suspect – in his mid 30s – threatened her in the Shenkman Hall food court. Metropolitan Police Department responded to the scene and instructed both parties to leave the area.

– Referred to MPD.

Theft II/From Building, Destruction of Fixtures/Vandalism

Thurston Hall
1/22/2018 – Unknown
Open Case

UPD officers observed a damaged fire extinguisher case that was missing its fire extinguisher.

– Case open.

Theft II/From Vehicle

2200 Pennsylvania Avenue
Unknown – Unknown
Open Case

A staff member reported to UPD that someone stole a GPS from his vehicle parked in the garage at 2200 Pennsylvania Ave.

– Case open.
–Compiled by XX.