Weekend outlook – Attend after-hours party for art exhibit’s final showing

Max Wang | Staff Photographer
On Friday, the Renwick Gallery will have a DJ, as well as cocktails and snacks available for purchase, as visitors admire two fleeting exhibits in the museum.

Enjoy art in every form this weekend. Don’t miss your last chance to catch these visual, musical and culinary arts events before they close.

Friday

Renwick: Murder at Midnight

On Friday, the Renwick Gallery will have a DJ as well as cocktails and snacks available for purchase as you admire two fleeting exhibits just off campus. The gallery will be open late that evening to commemorate the end of two fascinating and related exhibits, which will officially close Sunday. The two exhibits, “Murder Is Her Hobby: Frances Glessner Lee and The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death,” an exhibit with dollhouse-sized crime scenes, and “Rick Araluce: The Final Stop.” Both involve immersive depictions of spooky real-world scenarios.

Renwick Gallery, 1661 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. 5:30 p.m to midnight. Entry is free.

Saturday

On Your Feet! at The Kennedy Center

“On Your Feet!” is a musical depicting and celebrating the lives of musicians Gloria and Emilio Estefan, which will show at the Kennedy Center for the final time this weekend. The musical tells the story of how Cuban-born songstress Gloria Estefan rose to stardom in the 1980s and 1990s. The musical also tells the story of how the couple met and became a powerful force in the music industry,  winning a combined 26 Grammy awards. “On Your Feet!” is known as a jukebox musical, meaning most of the songs in the show were previously performed by Gloria Estefan throughout her career. The lively, toe-tapping performance will have a matinee and an evening show Saturday with their last performance on Sunday night.

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. NW. 1:30 and 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $59.

Sunday

The Seventh Annual McLean Chocolate Festival

For the seventh year, the McLean Chocolate Festival will be held this weekend. The annual event is held in January to bring the community together to celebrate a widespread love of chocolate. The festival will be held at McLean High School where about 20 local vendors and businesses will offer chocolate in a variety of forms, including chocolate cake, cookies, drinks, ice cream and more available for sale and sampling. There will also be a demonstration by American Heritage Chocolates showing how chocolate was made in colonial America.

McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Road, McLean, Va. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $2.