Must-see performances coming to the District in 2018

Singer-songwriter Harry Styles will perform at DAR Constitution Hall, located at 1776 D St. NW, at 8 p.m. Sunday.

Various shows and concerts pass through the District on any given year, but 2018 is shaping up to have a calendar full of engaging performances.

With the new year quickly approaching, set aside time in your calendar for these captivating theater shows and lively concerts coming to D.C. in 2018.

Theater:

A great variety of plays and musicals will come to D.C. in the new year, but the Kennedy Center and the National Theater hold the hottest tickets in town.

Hamilton at the Kennedy Center
The world-renowned show about America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton is coming to the Kennedy Center in June 2018. Featuring hip-hop, pop and rap music, “Hamilton” offers a little something for everyone and is transforming theater one performance at a time. If you’ve got some money burning a hole in your pocket and want to see what the “Hamilton” hype is all about, then you’re in luck. The show will be in the District from June 12 to Sept. 16.

Single tickets will become available to Kennedy Center members in February and to the public in March. The price ranges from $99 to $500 for a single ticket but the show is a must see – even if it means sacrificing part of your tuition dollars. The show will play at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday nights, with additional weekend matinee performances at 1:30 p.m.

Waitress at the National Theatre
“Waitress” opens at the National Theatre on May 15 and will complete its short run in the District on June 3. Based on the 2007 film, the show features original music and lyrics by Sara Bareilles, six-time Grammy nominee and singer of hits like “Brave” and “Love Song.” The eye-opening musical combines a compelling storyline about a waitress who dreams to leave her small town.

Ticket prices range from $28 to $98 for a single ticket. The show will play at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and Sunday, at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, as well as feature weekend matinee performances at 2 p.m. Tickets are already on sale, so plan ahead and bring your friends, and your appetite, to the National Theatre this spring.

Concerts:

Big name headliners like DJ Khaled and Sam Smith will take stages across the District this year, but if you’re looking for more intimate performances from artists here are our picks.

Steve Aoki at Echostage
A famous EDM DJ, who doubles as the son of the founder of the Benihana Japanese steakhouse chain, will come to Echostage this spring.

Steve Aoki, also known as the son of the founder of Benihana, is bringing his talents as an EDM DJ to Club Glow at Echostage, along with guest Desiigner on Feb. 10. D.C.’s popular rave spot, Club Glow, features regular bookings of high profile DJs like Avicii, David Guetta and Tiesto.

The Feb. 10 show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $30, but $1 from each ticket will be donated to the Aoki Foundation, which supports organizations in the brain science and research areas. Whether you’re into EDM or just want a fun night out with a celebrity sighting for a low price, Steve Aoki and Desiigner won’t disappoint. Tickets are now on sale.

G-Eazy at DAR Constitution Hall
G-Eazy is bringing his The Beautiful & Damned Tour to the DAR Constitution Hall on March 17. With a seating capacity of 3,702, DAR Constitution Hall is the perfect venue to witness G-Eazy up close and personal. Currently at the height of his career, the well-known rapper is famous for songs including “Him & I (with Halsey),” “Me, Myself & I” and “I Mean It.”

The show will start at 7 p.m. and tickets range from $79 to upwards of $1,000. As G-Eazy rapidly rises in his career, take advantage of this opportunity to catch him at a smaller venue during spring break before he moves on to bigger billings.