FoBoGro liquor license suspended for five days

FoBoGro’s liquor license has been suspended for five days after police alleged that minors were purchasing alcohol in the store.

The store’s suspension began Tuesday and will last through Saturday, according to documents from the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration. The store will also be forced to pay nearly $8,000 in fines.

The decision came after detectives and city regulators twice found the store in violation of alcohol regulations earlier this year.

In January, undercover detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department arrested and charged two students for using fake IDs to buy alcohol at the store. The 20-year-old students attempted to purchase a 30-pack of Natural Lite beer and the employee selling the alcohol did not take reasonable steps to determine the ages of the customers, according to ABRA documents.

The store was charged again in February with selling to underage customers and not taking proper steps to determine if customers purchasing alcohol were of legal age.

At hearings in September and October before D.C.’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, the store entered an agreement with the city to pay a total of $7,750 in fines and serve a five-day suspension of its liquor license to resolve the charges.

FoBoGro owner Sam Hoffmann declined to comment on the suspension.