Weekend outlook – Watch a rising rapper’s holiday performance

Jack Borowiak | Staff Photographer
The 6,000-seat venue opened Thursday with a sold out debut performance by the Foo Fighters.

Celebrate the last weekend before winter break by watching a concert at The Wharf, scrambling to find last minute presents or curing your finals season stress with puppies and beer.

Friday

A Very Uzi Xmas

In honor of being nominated for two Grammy Awards, including Best New Artist and Best Rap Performance, Lil Uzi Vert announced a mini holiday tour to celebrate. Kicking off his seven stop tour in the District, the Philadelphia native will perform his most well-known track “XO TOUR Llif3” where the lyrics reveal that all of his friends are dead, but the rest of the concert is sure to be more upbeat. Other famous singles to listen for include “Money Longer” and “The Way Life Goes.” The concert will be held at The Anthem, a newly opened waterfront venue that offers more than just entertainment. The Wharf features 25 restaurants with a variety of cuisines, 15 shops and an ice skating rink, so concertgoers will be able to grab a drink or window shop before the event.

The Anthem, 901 Wharf St. NW. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $45.

Saturday

Holiday Photos with Your Pet: Wet Dog Tavern

Founded in honor of Lilly, the owner’s beloved golden retriever, the atmosphere in Wet Dog Tavern is dog friendly, and features lots of lawn games and drinks. The menu has a variety of brews to choose from including draft beers, ales, IPAs and lagers. To get everyone in a festive mood, Santa will be waiting at the bar this weekend to take pictures with you and your pooch, which makes for the perfect holiday card. If you’re feeling down about missing your pup before you head home for the holidays, there will be plenty of tails wagging in the bar. The Humane Rescue Alliance will also be there to boost spirits and a mobile adoption site will be set up at the event. But if you don’t want to adopt a furry friend, you can cure your homesickness and still feel the holiday cheer by surrounding yourself with puppies.

Wet Dog Tavern, 2100 Vermont St. NW. 12 to 3 p.m. Pictures are $20.

Sunday

GRUMP Holiday Market at the Smithsonian National Zoo

If you waited until the last minute for holiday shopping, check the last boxes on your gift list at a holiday market open this weekend only. In addition to enjoying the more than 500,000 Christmas lights at the ZooLights display presented by The National Zoo, the weekend long holiday market featured there this weekend is a one stop shop for all things Christmas. Local artists will have booths featuring hand-bound books, tie-dye leisure wear, soaps, greeting cards, candles, glass figurines and contemporary home decor. While browsing, enjoy s’mores and eggnog for sale and listen to a performance from Supreme Chord, a D.C.-based a cappella group.

The National Zoo. 3001 Connecticut Ave. NW. 5 to 9 p.m. Free.