Weekend outlook – Relieve finals stress at bar crawls, yoga classes

Julia Abriola | Staff Photographer
Underneath the 75-foot Corinthian columns in the Great Hall of The National Building Museum, you can perform sun salutations, vinyasas and meditation in an all-levels yoga class this weekend.

Tune out in the beginning of the weekend at a bar crawl or a classier wine tasting, then mix in some meditation Sunday to reset the mind before a stressful week of studying.

Friday

Drink the District Wine Festival: Holiday Edition

Take your wine night up a notch with an unlimited sampling of more than 100 wines at Drink the District Wine Festival. Get a first look at the festival Friday on the opening night of their two-weekend event closing Dec. 19. The general admission tickets include a commemorative festival cup and access to the culinary stage, where an executive chef will teach visitors how to cook and sip wine like a true oenophile. Throughout the event there will be live music and a local artisan market, creating a perfect end to the day for wine lovers.

The Park View, 3400 Georgia Ave. NW. 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets start at $30.

Saturday

D.C. Santa Bar Crawl

Time to trade Santa’s milk and cookies for beer and bar food. Join hundreds of jolly, holiday-crazed participants in The D.C. Santa Crawl. Upon signing up, you’ll get a refillable signature Santa mug and cover-free access to more than a dozen bars in the Dupont Circle area. The holiday specials include $2 Yuengling lagers and light lagers, $3 rail drinks, $4 holiday shots and food specials. The crawl encompasses about 14 bars, including popular spots like Heist, Eden and Madhatter. Tinsel-topped outfits, ugly Christmas sweaters and other holiday apparel is recommended. Register online for this 21+ event.

Various bars around Dupont Circle. 2 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $30 online, $40 at the door.

Sunday

Yoga at the National Building Museum

Underneath the 75-foot Corinthian columns in the Great Hall of The National Building Museum, perform sun salutations, vinyasas and meditation in an all-levels yoga class. After class, you can explore the halls and exhibits. The tickets include the class and the museum’s entrance fee. There are currently seven exhibits including “Making a Room: Housing for a Changing America,” which explores the evolution of housing in the U.S.

National Building Museum, 401 F St. NW. 10 to 11 a.m. Tickets are $20.