Flock to local holiday markets to find gifts for everyone on your list

The 13th annual Downtown Holiday Market is open from noon to 8 p.m. every day this month.

This holiday season, give a gift that won’t end up in the back of a closet.

It is that time of year again, and the stressful shopping season is upon us in the District. Whether you don’t want to fly home for the holidays empty handed or need to find the perfect gift on a college budget for your friends – you probably have some shopping to do.

With everything from festive markets to all-nighter shopping extravaganzas, check out these holiday shopping locales to find something for everyone on your list:

13th Annual Downtown Holiday Market
F Street between Seventh and Ninth streets, NW.

As a staple in the D.C. area for more than a decade, the Downtown Holiday Market has distinct holiday cheer alongside a special shopping experience. Sitting only a few Metro stops away from campus, at Gallery Place-Chinatown, this market should be at the top of your list.

This holiday market has booths that cover the length of a block of the sidewalk in front of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and the National Portrait Gallery. With more than 150 total vendors and a rotating schedule, you can visit different vendors every week and find something unique for everyone on your shopping list. Handcrafted gifts like pottery and jewelry in all price ranges are sold alongside photographs, ceramics and other pieces from local artists. The market also includes live entertainment all day long from local rock, jazz and R&B performers playing holiday music. If you need some fuel to get through your hunt, four different food vendors set up shop to sell everything from donuts to empanadas. The market is open from noon to 8 p.m. every day until the night before Christmas Eve, so even last minute shoppers can get quality, handcrafted gifts.

116 King Seasonal Pop Up
116 King St., Alexandria, Va.

For the shopper looking to make a day of it, there is a pop-up store in historic Old Town Alexandria where you can check every box on your list. Boasting more than 30 fashion and lifestyle brands with attire for this season, this seasonal pop-up has gifts for the most fashionable person in your life.

The spot showcases local designers in a beautiful, indoor shop on King Street. The small location and friendly faces from various vendors make it the ideal place for those looking to have a more intimate shopping experience, especially in the hurriedness of the holidays. The pop-up has scarves, sweaters and hats for the whole family and home decor for the relative who wants to add to their massive collection of tchotchkes. The shop is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday and Monday from noon to 6 p.m.

Glow All Night
Georgetown Shopping District including Wisconsin Avenue, M Street and various side streets

Get some extra holiday spirit for one day only while shopping on the wreath-lined streets and getting special shopping opportunities after hours.

From 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 14, more than 50 vendors within Georgetown will be open later than normal to give out special discounts, inside looks at new collections and various giveaways – like a mini makeover from Sephora. While enjoying the deals in Georgetown, tired shoppers can take a free pedicab ride to travel to every store even faster. Shoppers may also run into indie holiday carolers performing modern takes on the traditional carols. Once you’ve shopped until you dropped, you can haul your bags to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel just down M Street and snap photos for free with a fashionable and handsome Kris Kringle after.

Christkindlmarkt at Heurich House
1307 New Hampshire Ave. NW

This indoor holiday market in Dupont Circle doubles as a house tour of one of the last historic mansions left in the District. The Heurich House once belonged to one of the most prominent businessmen and beermakers in D.C. at the turn of the 20th century, but it is now open to the public offering decorated house tours and a special holiday shopping opportunity every winter.

The market is home to ceramics, local Heurich House brewed beer, prints and textiles from local businesses from around the DMV area. This month-long event has more than 50 vendors and special day events for homeware gifts, ornaments and children’s toys. The artisan market also supports Shop Made In D.C., which aims to support artists, every Friday by showcasing art made and distributed in the D.C. community. The market and house tours run until Dec. 22 and require tickets that sell for $10 per day or $20 for a full weekend pass.