Weekend outlook – Catch big names in music and comedy perform around D.C.

Matt Dynes | Staff Photographer
“A Christmas Carol” has had an annual run in D.C. for more than 35 years. This musical spin on Charles Dickens’ classic opens at Ford’s Theatre this weekend and continues until the end of December.

Don’t miss well-known comedians and music performers as they roll through D.C. on their tours this weekend, and then kick off the holiday season with a classic Christmas musical.

Friday

Gabriel Iglesias at the Kennedy Center

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias is coming to the District this weekend on his “FluffyMania World Tour: 20 Years of Comedy” tour. Iglesias is well-known for bringing his personal experiences to life through a lively style of storytelling that incorporates various parodies, sound effects and characters. His self-deprecating style of comedy is evident in the titles of his comedy specials like “I’m Not Fat… I’m Fluffy.” He has become overwhelmingly popular online, garnering more than 300 million views on YouTube, where clips from his various stand-up comedy specials have gone viral. Iglesias has also released three hour-long specials on Netflix, most recently “I’m Sorry for What I Said When I Was Hungry,” which premiered last year. Iglesias will perform two evening shows, at 7 and 10 p.m., at the Kennedy Center’s Concert Hall Friday.

Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW. 10 p.m. Tickets start at $39.

Saturday

A Christmas Carol at Ford’s Theatre

Tag along with Ebenezer Scrooge on his adventure with the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, and discover the delights of the holiday season all over again. “A Christmas Carol” has had an annual run in D.C. for more than 35 years, and this musical spin on Charles Dickens’ classic opens at Ford’s Theatre this weekend and continues until the end of December. Catch the show’s matinee and evening show on Saturday. Tours of the Ford’s Theatre Historic Site are also available throughout the day. Tours include a visit to the on-site museum, where you can learn about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, as well as a visit to the historical theatre where Lincoln was shot and the nearby house where he died.

Ford’s Theatre, 511 10th St. NW. 2 or 7 p.m. Tickets start at $44.

Sunday

Lady Gaga at Capital One Arena

Lady Gaga will come to D.C. Sunday on the second leg of her “Joanne” World Tour. Gaga released her fifth studio album, “Joanne,” about a year ago to critical acclaim, opening at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. Following the release of the album, Gaga performed at the Super Bowl LI halftime show in February and began touring in August. The North American leg of her tour will end in December, when she will move on to Europe. Gaga will perform her newest hits, like “Million Reasons” and “The Cure” and her classics, like “Poker Face” and “Bad Romance.”

Capital One Arena, 601 F St. NW. 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $144.