Crime log: Burglary reported in District House Chick-fil-A

Stalking

Academic Center
Multiple – Multiple
Case open

A female staff member reported to the University Police Department that she was being stalked on and off campus by her ex-husband.

Open case.

Burglary II/Non-Forcible

District House
9/3/2017 – 3:46 a.m.
Case open

UPD and the Metropolitan Police Department responded to a report of a burglary at Chick-fil-A. The general manager reported that an unknown suspect entered the restaurant while it was closed and removed money from the store’s safe.

Open case.

Simple Assault, Unlawful Entry to a Motor Vehicle

Public Property on Campus (2200 Block of I Street NW)
9/4/2017 – 11:05 p.m.
Case closed

UPD and MPD officers responded to a report of an assault that occurred in Whole Foods on I Street. The male suspect fled the scene and attempted to gain entry into at least three parked vehicles in the area of 23rd and I streets. MPD arrested the suspect, who was transported to Second District station for processing.

Subject arrested.

Disorderly Conduct, Unlawful Entry

District House
9/5/2017 – 9:45 a.m.
Case closed

A UPD officer, while on patrol in District House, observed an individual who had been previously barred from GW. While on the scene, the female suspect became verbally aggressive and used profanity toward officers. UPD arrested the suspect for unlawful entry and MPD transported the suspect to the Second District station for processing.

Subject arrested.

Theft II/ From Building

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven Store)
9/5/2017 – 12:40 p.m.
Case closed

A cashier at the 7-Eleven Store reported to UPD that several male and female individuals entered the store and attempted to purchase merchandise but left the store without paying. Officers responded to the scene and canvassed the area but were unable to locate any of the suspects.

No identifiable suspect.

Drug Law Violation

Somers Hall
9/6/2017 – 11:06 p.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor in Somers Hall. Upon arrival, officers smelled marijuana outside of a residence hall room. GW Housing conducted an administrative search, which yielded drug paraphernalia and drugs.

Referred to the Division Student Affairs.

Theft II/From Building

Monroe Hall
9/7/2017 – Unknown
Case closed

A female faculty member reported to UPD that she left a container of fruit on her desk and a container of hummus in her office refrigerator. When she returned to work the following day, both containers were missing from her office.

No identifiable suspects.

Liquor Law Violation

Shuttle Bus/Van
9/10/2017 – 12:40 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated student on the Vern Express. EMeRG assessed the male student at the shuttle stop in front of Funger Hall and transported him to the GW Hospital emergency room for further treatment.

Referred to DSA.