Weekend outlook – Sing along to an indie rock band at Capital One Arena

Enjoy your Saturday night by singing along with the Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire at the Capital One Arena.

Don’t miss your last chance to see a unique National Geographic Museum exhibit before it closes at the end of the month or check out a top indie rock band at the Capital One Arena this weekend. Then, fuel up for the week by eating your way through the Takoma Park Farmers Market at a pie contest Sunday.

Friday

Sharks and Recreation

Catch an after-hours look at the National Geographic Museum’s exhibit “Sharks: On Assignment with Brian Skerry” at Brightest Young Things’ Sharks and Recreation party. The event is one of the last times you can see the exhibit before it closes Oct. 1. Music from Holy Ghost!, a mechanical shark, drinks from local vendors and food trucks will all be available at the event. The theme Sharks and Recreation blends the TV show “Parks and Recreation” with the shark exhibit, so wear your best theme-appropriate costume and you might just win the Ron Swanson look-alike contest.

National Geographic Museum, 1600 M St. 8 p.m. $32.64.

Saturday

Arcade Fire

Enjoy your Saturday night by singing along to the Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire. The band consists of husband and wife pair Win Butler and Régine Chassagne, Butler’s younger brother and three other members. Get ready to dance and sing along to upbeat tracks. As part of their “Infinite Content” tour stop, they’ll likely play the song by the same name and other hits from their latest album “Everything Now.”

Capital One Arena, 601 F St. NW. 7:30 p.m. $26.

Sunday

Takoma Park Pie Contest

Head to the Takoma Park Farmers Market for a pie contest. Make your best one or two pie crusts and homemade filling with seasonal ingredients or just show up to be a taste tester. The contest is open to amateur bakers only and each participant may enter as many 8 to 10 inch pies as they want. After the contest, the pies will be offered to the public for donations to the Takoma Park Farmers Market SNAP Match Program. Awards include: Best Apple Pie, Best Peach Pie, Best Kid’s Pie, Most Unusual Pie and more.

Laurel Avenue, Takoma Park, Md. 11 to 11:30 a.m.