Weekend outlook – Cheer on teams at the Capital Dragon Boat Regatta

Head to The Wharf Saturday at the Southwest waterfront to watch the fourth annual regatta celebrating Asian culture.

Celebrate the end of summer and save some money before the start of the semester with free events this weekend, including an outdoor movie night, a competitive boat race and a classic Shakespeare show.

Friday

Comcast Xfinity Outdoor Film Festival

The three day celebration begins Thursday and brings outdoor movies to the Strathmore, a cultural and artistic venue in Maryland. The Friday screening of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” begins at dusk Friday and the festival will also showcase “The Lego Batman Movie” Saturday. The festival benefits the National Institutes of Health Children’s Charities. Strathmore is within walking distance to the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro station, a 40 minute trip from campus.

Strathmore. 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, Md. 7:30 p.m. Free.

Saturday

Capital Dragon Boat Regatta

Head to The Wharf Saturday at the Southwest waterfront to watch a regatta celebrating Asian culture. The fourth annual event is free to attend and watch as teams of 20 race down the waterfront. The watersport has roots in ancient China from more than 2,000 years ago, according to the event’s website. Cheer on more than 30 teams who will fly across the water in colorful boats while enjoying food available to purchase on-site.

The Wharf. 600 Water St. SW. 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free.

Sunday

“Othello”

This weekend will be your last chance to see one of The Bard’s most famous plays for free at the Shakespeare Theatre Company’s production of “Othello.” The play highlights a newly married and promoted general who finds himself manipulated by his right-hand man, Iago. In Ron Daniels’ production as part of a free summer series of shoes, Othello battles jealousy and rage with his new bride, Desdemona and a loyal friend, as he turns from a hero to a murderer.

Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Sidney Harman Hall. 610 F St. 2:00 and 7:30 p.m. Free.