Raise a glass to the last month of summer at these outdoor bars

The+rooftop+at+801+Restaurant+and+Bar+offers+a+delicious+and+inexpensive+bottomless+brunch%2C+making+it+the+perfect+place+for+a+daytime+drink.+
Olivia Anderson | Photo Editor
The rooftop at 801 Restaurant and Bar offers a delicious and inexpensive bottomless brunch, making it the perfect place for a daytime drink.

With heat and humidity enveloping the District, it can be tempting to move from your air conditioned office or classroom to an air conditioned bar for happy hour. But less than a month from now you’ll be wishing you could replace the syllabus in your hand with an ice cold cocktail on a rooftop or patio at one of these D.C. bars.

Take advantage of the last month of summer in the District at these outdoor drinking destinations:

For an outdoor boozy brunch: 801 Restaurant and Bar

Conveniently located just off of U Street, you might think that 801 Restaurant and Bar is the perfect place for a night out – but think again.

Although it’s a popular late night spot, head to the bar during the day for a boozy brunch or day drink with friends. It will be much more enjoyable without the long lines that are typical after dark. The brunch menu is reasonable at around $12 an entree for hearty brunch classics like french toast or eggs benedict and $15 bottomless mimosas that are standard for the District.

Plus, if you decide to order a Mega Mule ($40) and share with friends, your photo of the massive copper cup with bright colored straws peeking out will look much better in the daylight with the city in the distance.

801 Florida Avenue NW.

For a no-frills atmosphere with top notch drinks: Dacha

Dacha’s ice cold beers from around the world may be a little pricy at about $9 a glass, but the laid back atmosphere makes it the perfect spot for when you need to relax.

Dacha houses one of the only true patios in the District – the outdoor area is uncovered and features picnic tables sitting atop crushed rocks. The string lights that surround the patio and a massive mural of Elizabeth Taylor on the wall gives it a trendy vibe. But rest assured, you’ll be served top drafts from around the world like Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen from Germany ($9) and DC Brau’s Public Ale ($8) from right in our backyard.

1600 7th Street NW.

For a laid back spot to start the night: El Chucho Cocina Superior

El Chucho Cocina Superior looks like a hole-in-the-wall taco joint from the outside, but venture up the stairs for a cozy rooftop bar and authentic, hearty Mexican food.

El Chucho Cocina Superior doesn’t mess around when it comes to their strong margaritas. They offer one on tap and two frozen varieties, so it’s always ready to go. The chef is originally from San Luis Potosi, Mexico so the tacos (two for $6) are traditional with more modern ingredients like squash blossoms and radish.

This restaurant and bar’s location a block north of Columbia Road makes it the perfect place to fill up on a savory Mexican meal, down a few preliminary drinks and head out for a night of partying.

3313 11th St NW.