Dish of the week: Dolcezza’s roasted strawberry gelato

Dolcezza+has+locations+across+the+DMV+region+but+the+closest+shop+to+campus+is+located+in+Dupont+Circle.+The+roasted+strawberry+gelato+tastes+like+a+fresh%2C+juicy+strawberry+thats+just+been+picked+from+the+field.+
Kiana Robertson | Senior Staff Photographer
Dolcezza has locations across the DMV region but the closest shop to campus is located in Dupont Circle. The roasted strawberry gelato tastes like a fresh, juicy strawberry that’s just been picked from the field.

It’s quickly heating up in the District, but there’s a mouthwatering way to relax and cool off as the temperatures rise.

Gelato is the solution. And Dolcezza has locations all over the DMV region to satisfy your creamy gelato needs. They also serve up coffee and milkshakes, if that’s what you’re craving. The closest shop to campus is located in Dupont Circle, so you won’t have to travel far.

Dolcezza serves up a variety of gelato flavors like sicilian blood orange, peach and dulce de leche. Dolcezza uses the freshest ingredients, so their flavors change with the seasons. They source their ingredients from local farms in Virginia and Maryland.

Gelato has more milk, less cream and is denser than regular, old ice cream. Gelato is also served at a warmer temperature, so the texture is silkier. The level of fat is also lower than it is in ice cream, so the flavors incorporated into this cold treat really stand out.

Dolcezza’s roasted strawberry gelato will melt in your mouth as the sweet strawberry flavor jumps out. This gelato tastes like a fresh, juicy strawberry that’s just been picked from the field. It’s the perfect summer flavor for when you’re craving a refreshing fruity dish.

Although the roasted strawberry gelato is creamy, it also remains light, so you won’t be filled to the brim after enjoying this flavor. Get the roasted strawberry in a crunchy waffle cone to enhance the roasted flavor even further.

You certainly won’t mind the sweltering heat, while you’re devouring this sweet strawberry treat.

1704 Connecticut Ave NW. Flavors change daily. Small for $4.25, medium for $5.40 and a large for $6.40.